The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
RandoBrando wrote:
Any of you guys live in the bush. Like no fixed address?

nickel lives in a van by the river. PM him for his top secret directions and to get added to his fax list

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
any good bike rentals shop in Whistler- with Reasonable prices?
I have checked in google - +120$ x day for a DH bike . ??!!
i will be the in 26th augist for a week.
thank You.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
$120 is as cheap as you'll get for a DH bike. Check Coastal Culture in Creekside might be a few bucks less than the shops in the village and possibly in better shape due to less traffic there. Don't forget about insurance in case you smash a derailleur, blow up a shock etc. It's worth it for the piece of mind if you ride hard.

On the EWS topic, impressive as hell that Jesse Melamed managed 3rd on a stage given he is what, 6 weeks out from a broken ankle/finger? Dude is a machine.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
riderman wrote:
any good bike rentals shop in Whistler- with Reasonable prices?
I have checked in google - +120$ x day for a DH bike . ??!!
i will be the in 26th augist for a week.
thank You.

you could try these guys in North Vancouver:

https://www.endlessbiking.com/full-suspension

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
Hey everyone,

Going to be coming to Whistler soon, and hoping to do some riding with my girlfriend. She is mostly a blue rider, but could handle some easy blacks probably. Just wondering where is good to ride for blue trails... seems tough to find around Whistler. We are riding outside of the bikepark as well. Any input would be appreciated!

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
Start in Lost Lake for some classic up and down XC stuff. Other blues near the village would be Bobs Rebob, Mels Dilemma and Get Over it. You could do a loop up from Rainbow Park where you go along hot dog alley, up stonebridge, do Beaver Pond then either back up to 99er and down Danimal North (easier blacks) or do Beaver Pass to Cut Above then up Whip Me Snip Me to descend lower 27 switchbacks. Could finish on Bobs et al.

The Cut Yer Bars zone is small but there's some fun blue stuff in there too, with Black options and rock rolls if you're feeling spicy.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Going to be coming to Whistler soon, and hoping to do some riding with my girlfriend. She is mostly a blue rider, but could handle some easy blacks probably. Just wondering where is good to ride for blue trails... seems tough to find around Whistler. We are riding outside of the bikepark as well. Any input would be appreciated!

Cheakamus, ride up farside, do highside/hihi/highline/ibt/ampm, business time and ampm are easier blacks with ridearounds on the steeper rock faces. Could also go up to Tunnel Vision/Hind Sight instead of IBT/AMPM.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
tvan5 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Cheakamus, ride up farside, do highside/hihi/highline/ibt/ampm, business time and ampm are easier blacks with ridearounds on the steeper rock faces. Could also go up to Tunnel Vision/Hind Sight instead of IBT/AMPM.

These look great thanks!!

Definitely looking more for enduro rather than XC, maybe I should have started with that!

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
Looking for a ride with bike bag from whistler to Vancouver (airport) Saturday 17th August in the morning. loupaulin@yahoo.se
Anyone??

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
Coming up end of September! Havent been for 7 years. Stoked!

Also who did the 360 on crabapple hits!?

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
gopink wrote:
Looking for a ride with bike bag from whistler to Vancouver (airport) Saturday 17th August in the morning. loupaulin@yahoo.se
Anyone??

There's a great app for that: poparide. Has lots of people travelling to/from Whistler

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:50 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Coming up end of September! Havent been for 7 years. Stoked!

Also who did the 360 on crabapple hits!?
Dylan Stark he has a YouTube channel

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:00 Quote
I can't fit a water bottle to my bike and was thinking I'd prefer to ride without my camelbak if possible. How easy is it to get water if you're just doing laps? Many water fountains around?

Edit: Nevermind, just searched the thread and found my answer.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
afaik R dog was first to 3 crab. He did it the very day we opened the hits worth the 4th and 5th as they are now. I'm sure he's done it again since. I'm sure others have done it, and I'm fairly certain none have made it look as good.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
hi...will there be an "end of season pass" for WBP this year?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016774
Mobile Version of Website