The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:00 Quote
I can't fit a water bottle to my bike and was thinking I'd prefer to ride without my camelbak if possible. How easy is it to get water if you're just doing laps? Many water fountains around?

Edit: Nevermind, just searched the thread and found my answer.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
afaik R dog was first to 3 crab. He did it the very day we opened the hits worth the 4th and 5th as they are now. I'm sure he's done it again since. I'm sure others have done it, and I'm fairly certain none have made it look as good.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
hi...will there be an "end of season pass" for WBP this year?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
Its supposed to rain in Whistler tomorrow so Im looking for non-park trails that are decent in the wet. Im doing the blacks and have tried the double blacks like Jaws and ACDC but would prefer not to kill myself lol.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
SeniorBrucio wrote:
Its supposed to rain in Whistler tomorrow so Im looking for non-park trails that are decent in the wet. Im doing the blacks and have tried the double blacks like Jaws and ACDC but would prefer not to kill myself lol.

I rode Billy Epic and Howler in the rain when I was in town last month, both were fun and not scary. Could always ride bluey epic around the steep part if it's too greasy.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Ruudtjuhh wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Coming up end of September! Havent been for 7 years. Stoked!

Also who did the 360 on crabapple hits!?
Dylan Stark he has a YouTube channel

Thanks man! Seen the POV but couldn’t figure out who it was. I think spinning crabapple is insane

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
nickel wrote:
afaik R dog was first to 3 crab. He did it the very day we opened the hits worth the 4th and 5th as they are now. I'm sure he's done it again since. I'm sure others have done it, and I'm fairly certain none have made it look as good.

Oh wow I had no idea it was done before. Thanks for the info, gotta see if theres a vid now

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKBPOUqDDei/?igshid=1sbqplnltcw45

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHdsqUPjEja/?igshid=jxos02q5mfmw

there you go, summer 2016.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
xtcccc wrote:

Would like to know as well. I will be at Whistler from Sept 1 - Oct 1. Usually when is the end of season pass available and how much?

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
xtcccc wrote:

Called them today about that, 310, can buy it now, but not good until the 31st or the 3rd or something like that.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
bskip wrote:
xtcccc wrote:

Called them today about that, 310, can buy it now, but not good until the 31st or the 3rd or something like that.

Smile thnx..I'll be in WBP from 5-19th sep

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
end of season pass is active from the Tuesday after labor day if I'm not mistaken, which i believe is the 3rd? I'd expect to see it on the Web and the bike park insta shortly.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
Got a friend leaving 6th September who season pass is un-needed from then onwards if anyone wants a deal

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
phlhughes wrote:
Got a friend leaving 6th September who season pass is un-needed from then onwards if anyone wants a deal

Nope. Your picture comes up on the lifties iPad and you will be plucked from the line and banned for a year. And buddy who sold the pass also gets a 1-2 year ban I believe.

They used to have bounties for lifties busting pass fraud as well.

Passes are so cheap for the value you get that you'd have to be a real scumbag to try this.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
also, by then you can get a full and risk free pass for around 300 bucks.

I bet anyone who buys buddy's pass doesn't even get a full day out of it before getting kicked out of the lift line with an extended ban.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013578
Mobile Version of Website