The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 17:52 Quote
I'm not one to do it, but honestly would they know if you just wore your helmet the entire time in the line? I feel like glossy goggles and a full face would conceal your identity fairly well

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
gramboh wrote:
phlhughes wrote:
Got a friend leaving 6th September who season pass is un-needed from then onwards if anyone wants a deal

Nope. Your picture comes up on the lifties iPad and you will be plucked from the line and banned for a year. And buddy who sold the pass also gets a 1-2 year ban I believe.

They used to have bounties for lifties busting pass fraud as well.

Passes are so cheap for the value you get that you'd have to be a real scumbag to try this.

Lol real Scumbag....nice haha

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
phlhughes wrote:
gramboh wrote:
phlhughes wrote:
Got a friend leaving 6th September who season pass is un-needed from then onwards if anyone wants a deal

Nope. Your picture comes up on the lifties iPad and you will be plucked from the line and banned for a year. And buddy who sold the pass also gets a 1-2 year ban I believe.

They used to have bounties for lifties busting pass fraud as well.

Passes are so cheap for the value you get that you'd have to be a real scumbag to try this.

Lol real Scumbag....nice haha

Here we go again. People telling other people what to do. (Self appointed bike park police) Sell that pass if you want, buy that pass if you want. Why would or should anyone care? If dude gets caught, oh well, sucks to be him. End of story.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
Hey guys I'm headed up next month from Florida. What's the scene like in the park now that green is legal? Are ppl blazing on the lifts and in the bars? Do they sell it at stores or just dispensaries? What's the dealy for visitors buying?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Oh yah scene has changed completely. Everyone is baked, everything is funny, no work gets done in town anymore cause people call in sick all the time, the park opens like an hour late everyday and people are like ok with it. Also if you’re not local the price of weed is like double... or something.

Just kidding by the way. I’d say nothing has changed. But I like that this is your primary concern.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
No where near primary, but researching the trails is easy with Google however it didn't have the answer those questions

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
Honestly you almost see and smell people smoking it less somehow. You can buy it in dispensaries mostly although apparently there exists a few delivery services as well as unlicensed stores who just don't give af and just sell it out of their store.

As stated above, not much has changed. People are definitely not smoking pot in lift lines. It's almost as if legalizing pot didn't lead to the end of civilization.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
I mean f*ck weed has been pretty much legal in BC since like 3 decades ago if not more.

If anything with the legalisation business etc are more open about dealing with the issue.

For example we stayed at campsites in BC and Alberta and they all had notices saying "No that weed is legal blah blah blah...we are moniitoring the situation blah blah blah... We want everyone to enjoy their time here blah blah blah...please smoke in your campsite.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
Ronstafario wrote:
Hey guys I'm headed up next month from Florida. What's the scene like in the park now that green is legal? Are ppl blazing on the lifts and in the bars? Do they sell it at stores or just dispensaries? What's the dealy for visitors buying?

There's no legal stores in Whistler, Squamish is the closest as far as I know. Or you can buy online. Visitor can buy no problem. The whole park and village stroll is non smoking. You occasionally can smell a joint on the lift, but I'd not say it's that common.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
Are there any floor pump like the tool stations at the bike park that can be used for free?

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 3:36 Quote
ldna wrote:
Are there any floor pump like the tool stations at the bike park that can be used for free?

Yep there’s pumps at top and bottom of fitz Garbo and creekside

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
This may not be the place for these questions but; Is anyone whos local able to advise me on trying to find a house for rent out there? Im using a few FB groups and craigslist to try n find a house for some people ill be working with in the winter. Or is every landlord an opportunist in a horrific market? Please DM me with any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
Dotprod wrote:
This may not be the place for these questions but; Is anyone whos local able to advise me on trying to find a house for rent out there? Im using a few FB groups and craigslist to try n find a house for some people ill be working with in the winter. Or is every landlord an opportunist in a horrific market? Please DM me with any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bring money lots of it just in case you find something.

Join the Whistler Housing for Locals Facebook group is you best bet.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
What would you say is the minimum amount of days to go to Whistler for a first timer there? I am an average-ish rider who mainly rides blue/red/black runs at downhill bike parks in the Pyrenees. We are thinking of going next year in September. I was thinking a 10 day pass and stay for a 2 week period but the wife would prefer a 1 week stay. Is 1 week too short and is 2 weeks too long to just ride in the bike park?

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
Boggy1982 wrote:
What would you say is the minimum amount of days to go to Whistler for a first timer there? I am an average-ish rider who mainly rides blue/red/black runs at downhill bike parks in the Pyrenees. We are thinking of going next year in September. I was thinking a 10 day pass and stay for a 2 week period but the wife would prefer a 1 week stay. Is 1 week too short and is 2 weeks too long to just ride in the bike park?

Assuming your wife would like to see you a couple of times during the holiday, you'll have to knock 2-3 days off for non-cycling activities. 3-4 days is not nearly long enough to explore all the downhill trails, especially on weekends and nice days where you spend a lot of time in the line-up.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018187
Mobile Version of Website