The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
Lee let's not start comparing e bikes to motos, it's disingenuous. one only has to look at the e bike race held on a moto track to see the absurdity of that claim.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
We are planning to go to Whistler for the Fall Pass next year. Does anyone know if there is any connection of the Fall Pass to Labour Day? Cheers and thanks in advance!

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
What are your guys favourite trail features in whistler, any bikepark trail.

Mine is probably the wooden stuff on fade to black. Or there is a rock wall ride up in garbo that I honestly forget where it is. I want to say near black velvet.. its been awhile

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
nickel wrote:
Lee let's not start comparing e bikes to motos, it's disingenuous. one only has to look at the e bike race held on a moto track to see the absurdity of that claim.

There are already ebikes with awesome torque and power. Not that half assed pedal assist stuff. If you're going to get a motor go all the way. Its the logical step. Dont be naive. People want it and they'll get it.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
leelau wrote:
SeniorBrucio wrote:

More users. And also less capable users ie "slide not ride" users.

Theory was that more elevation + more distance sets up an inherent entry barrier to doing Mystic Squirrels. Ergo only more capable riders would do it. Therefore less rescue scenarios. Theory was that having ebikers up there removes the fitness entry barrier.

Personally I never bought that having seen the sheer number of people on the trail. It's a bucket list. People will try to do it no matter what their abilities. Also personally, if you allow ebikes up there then allow moto. Fair is fair

Allow moto? Surely you understand the difference in trail impact between ebikes and moto. That’s ridiculous. An ebike doesn’t dig ruts or impact trails any more than a regular mountain bike. I can see higher rider usage being an issue but let’s not get carried away or it makes your stance look silly.

See response to nickel. Ebike evolution and power ramping are just starting

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
Back again in two weeks! Can’t wait!!

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
leelau wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
leelau wrote:

Theory was that more elevation + more distance sets up an inherent entry barrier to doing Mystic Squirrels. Ergo only more capable riders would do it. Therefore less rescue scenarios. Theory was that having ebikers up there removes the fitness entry barrier.

Personally I never bought that having seen the sheer number of people on the trail. It's a bucket list. People will try to do it no matter what their abilities. Also personally, if you allow ebikes up there then allow moto. Fair is fair

Allow moto? Surely you understand the difference in trail impact between ebikes and moto. That’s ridiculous. An ebike doesn’t dig ruts or impact trails any more than a regular mountain bike. I can see higher rider usage being an issue but let’s not get carried away or it makes your stance look silly.

See response to nickel. Ebike evolution and power ramping are just starting
leelau wrote:
nickel wrote:

There are already ebikes with awesome torque and power. Not that half assed pedal assist stuff. If you're going to get a motor go all the way. Its the logical step. Dont be naive. People want it and they'll get it.

Exactly. I can already think of a few off the top of my head that can do freeway speed. A couple PB just had articles on. For instance, the HPC Revolution? 60mph? When an Ebike is on Top Gear, sorry not sorry those aren't bikes, not like our people powered ones. And yeah I know that everyone says the majority are only slow pedal assist... then explain why my locals on ebikes whiz around the roads and trails (with anti-ebike signage), usually without pedaling!

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
huge praise goes to the builders of "Miss Fire"...rode it yesterday for 1st time..great work, well done

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 2:42 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Mine is probably the wooden stuff on fade to black. Or there is a rock wall ride up in garbo that I honestly forget where it is. I want to say near black velvet.. its been awhile

Mine is prolly the Fatcrobat skinnies. Always scary, especially near the end.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 3:40 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Mine is prolly the Fatcrobat skinnies. Always scary, especially near the end.

I have never made it over the skinnies.. I suck lol

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
I don't know how you could ever pick just one...

the dm step up after the drop over ruttabaga. The captain safety rock. the high lines in rock city. the aline tombstone. Mcskimming's rock on upper joyride. Fatcrobat skinnies. Every single root and rock slab in In Deep. Both Canadian Open step downs. The wide woods after Canadian open and lower joyride merge. The GLC jump. The rock garden and the double step down on Schleyer. The crack addict A-frame. The tech noir shale chute. the rock city sand slope.

I could go on and on.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 17:20 Quote
Yes, the wide woods where Joyride & Canadian Open is so good. So may line options & sometimes you get kicked off your line & have to improvise. The long down ladder on Crack Addict seems to always be greasy since often there is a puddle right before it.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
nickel wrote:

the dm step up after the drop over ruttabaga. The captain safety rock. the high lines in rock city. the aline tombstone. Mcskimming's rock on upper joyride. Fatcrobat skinnies. Every single root and rock slab in In Deep. Both Canadian Open step downs. The wide woods after Canadian open and lower joyride merge. The GLC jump. The rock garden and the double step down on Schleyer. The crack addict A-frame. The tech noir shale chute. the rock city sand slope.

I could go on and on.

if anyone ever asks me what stuff i can't ride at WBP i'll just cut and paste this, thanks.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
nickel wrote:

I could go on and on.

Solid list. The park rules. High lines in Rock city mean those rider’s left lines along the section before the jump out of the woods before the right hander to final rock roll??

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
That bit of no joke between crossroads and drop in clinic is sick too, different ways to double up the rocks are so fun.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012474
Mobile Version of Website