The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
joe1989 wrote:
The big bikes fit better If u hang the rear wheel instead of front. Try that next time If u have a big 29er. Make sure not to tell the lifties or anyone else before u do it though. It's a secret that only 29er riders know. Also the line has to be long for this to work properly. Make sure everyone is there watching

If you hook it by the seat then it doesn't matter how long your bike is

Best way is to take your front tire off and hang by your rear tire...

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
I just hold mine off the side of the chair as I go up. Way more efficient.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
bcbud wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
nickel wrote:

Color me unconcerned. Some of the team have already met him and ridden the park with him. Sounds like he's beyond stoked. Further, he'll have plenty to figure out and be in charge of and the bike park is but a small component of that. If you think one person decides things around here you're quite far off the mark. It'll be fine. I bet you a 20 it keeps getting better.

Hopefully that is the case, all it would take is for them to bring one competent trail builder from Whistler and send them here to direct the other 3 people (would have been nice if they hired more people) to fix some of the issues with the park. I think in general though they are just too cheap, and once someone becomes half decent at building or maintaining trails they leave to go to some other trail building company.

Does Vail and Keystone have the sufficient mountain bike population to make money on the bike parks? WB did it right at the beginning but Vancouver and BC played a huge part in keeping the flow going. Also Whistler has a decent summer population that is stoked on bikes. Also pemberton and Squamish. So a lot of folks bike. How big is the biking in Vail and Keystone when all of Colorado is vying for a peice.

They don't right now cause they have been too cheap to invest in the park. Winter park opened a new trail recently and on closing weekend today the one lift to access it had 100+ people waiting in line lol. Didn't go but it reminded me of ski season opening day.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
For anyone's that's interested, I have a bike park ticket that I'll let go for $50

Got it as part of a promotion from Dunbar Cycles but won't be able to use it this week.

Send me a PM

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
PSY wrote:
For anyone's that's interested, I have a bike park ticket that I'll let go for $50

Got it as part of a promotion from Dunbar Cycles but won't be able to use it this week.

Send me a PM

Try posting in the Whistler group on facebook if no one bites on here.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
PSY wrote:

Send me a PM

Try posting in the Whistler group on facebook if no one bites on here.

Mind sending me a link to the group via PM?

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
Anybody down for a few laps this afternoon? Buddy bailed on me but going to head up anyways.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
I found a Snap On version of a Go Pro on closing day on Schleyer. Message me if you lost it!

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Hey I'm heading up to whistler for the first time in August. Anyone going up around then that would wanna bike together. No one wants to come with me and I know it's more fun to ride together

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015061
Mobile Version of Website