The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
For anyone's that's interested, I have a bike park ticket that I'll let go for $50

Got it as part of a promotion from Dunbar Cycles but won't be able to use it this week.

Send me a PM

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
PSY wrote:
For anyone's that's interested, I have a bike park ticket that I'll let go for $50

Got it as part of a promotion from Dunbar Cycles but won't be able to use it this week.

Send me a PM

Try posting in the Whistler group on facebook if no one bites on here.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
PSY wrote:

Send me a PM

Try posting in the Whistler group on facebook if no one bites on here.

Mind sending me a link to the group via PM?

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
Anybody down for a few laps this afternoon? Buddy bailed on me but going to head up anyways.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
I found a Snap On version of a Go Pro on closing day on Schleyer. Message me if you lost it!

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Hey I'm heading up to whistler for the first time in August. Anyone going up around then that would wanna bike together. No one wants to come with me and I know it's more fun to ride together

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
Im currently planning my honeymoon to Canada and am looking for information regarding travelling with bikes. We will be taking our two enduro bikes and will need a suitable car to hire and carry the bikes in. What do people usually go for? Does anyone have any experience? I really don't want to arrive at the airport to find that the bikes don't fit in the boot. Pickups seem really expensive, and people carriers a little overkill... any other advice much appreciated. We are thinking a week in Vancouver Island and then a week in Whistler. A mix of riding and hiking. Cheers

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
tbc wrote:
Im currently planning my honeymoon to Canada and am looking for information regarding travelling with bikes. We will be taking our two enduro bikes and will need a suitable car to hire and carry the bikes in. What do people usually go for? Does anyone have any experience? I really don't want to arrive at the airport to find that the bikes don't fit in the boot. Pickups seem really expensive, and people carriers a little overkill... any other advice much appreciated. We are thinking a week in Vancouver Island and then a week in Whistler. A mix of riding and hiking. Cheers

Are you planning to road-trip around a lot, or just need to get from the airport to a single place?

I've managed to cram a couple of bike bags into a rental hatchback before, but it's not ideal if you need to do it every day.

You could always rent a roof rack or a hitch rack depending on the vehicle you get: https://www.rackattack.com/info/stores/vancouver/

You could also just buy a cheap trunk-rack and a load of foam and straps to make sure the bikes don't get mangled.

You can also rent a pickup truck - they are not that much more expensive than a car if you shop around in advance. They are normally cheaper than a van or an SUV.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
ertman wrote:
tbc wrote:

Are you planning to road-trip around a lot, or just need to get from the airport to a single place?

I've managed to cram a couple of bike bags into a rental hatchback before, but it's not ideal if you need to do it every day.

You could always rent a roof rack or a hitch rack depending on the vehicle you get: https://www.rackattack.com/info/stores/vancouver/

You could also just buy a cheap trunk-rack and a load of foam and straps to make sure the bikes don't get mangled.

You can also rent a pickup truck - they are not that much more expensive than a car if you shop around in advance. They are normally cheaper than a van or an SUV.

I do this trip regularly with two bikes and a standard suv (jeep grand cherooke ) works well for two bikes and luggage , had a pick up once , good for shuttles but not best for security if travelling around a lot
I find enterprise to be the cheapest and best service coming from the uk

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2019 at 12:53 Quote
If you crunch the numbers you could potentially save some $ if you just take a shuttle/bus to whistler first and then rent a car when you leave Whistler, since you don't really need one there, but if you're exploring hikes and stuff around Vancouver Island you do.

There's also some small companies that do different vehicles like kitted out Tacoma trucks and other options but would more expensive than the typical enterprise/avis/national/etc.

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
tbc wrote:

I would just get a V6 truck and a ghetto tail gate pad, hassle free and then you can also use it for shuttles.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
tbc wrote:

Possibly a mini van would work well... don’t think you would pay much more than a car... bikes could easily fit inside with seats released and just pushed to side and lots of room for luggage... (dodge caravan would be an example of a mini van, they are also around the same size as a suv...

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 18:21 Quote
Never tried these but see them around often. http://m.wickedcampers.ca/

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 23:35 Quote
I'll be planning a trip this summer for about 2 weeks. Will everything be good the first half of June? Or should I wait until fall. Looking for that tacky dirt.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 1:16 Quote
If I had to pick two weeks to visit I would pick the first two weeks of September, only downside is park closing at 5pm instead of 8pm, but for weather/crowds/everything including peak+alpine trails being open its probably best. June can be good too for weather and crowds but creekside+garbanzo don't open til mid June usually and peak more like mid July.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018355
Mobile Version of Website