The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
nickel wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
gramboh wrote:
It seems like metric shittons of work have been done everywhere. Stuff like the Schleyer exit being widened/smoothed, run into to fade away smoothed out, new berms everywhere, even most of the tech trails feel like work was done. Outstanding.
I'm thinking it's because they had time to work while the park was delayed to open

In the end we had maybe an extra week or two but nothing more. We had a delayed start due to covid and then reduced staffing levels for quite some time, really only ramping up somewhat in early to mid June. We were also quite split with needing to prep garbo as well as fitz simultaneously. It's been an interesting year for sure.

Stoked to hear people are pumped on what we got done. We are, after all, doing it for the people!

Putting in some hard work! Can't wait to ride the park.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 0:01 Quote
I’m going for my first trip to the Whistler Bike Park next Friday, coming up for the day from the lower mainland. Can any of the experts shed some light on where to lock up the bikes while we grab a burger after our ride, and whether or not there are lockers where we can leave some stuff behind in the village? Where should we park while creekside is closed?Any other tips on logistics?

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 9:31 Quote
adrianglover wrote:
I’m going for my first trip to the Whistler Bike Park next Friday, coming up for the day from the lower mainland. Can any of the experts shed some light on where to lock up the bikes while we grab a burger after our ride, and whether or not there are lockers where we can leave some stuff behind in the village? Where should we park while creekside is closed?Any other tips on logistics?

Ultimately, it depends on where you are having a burger. Most tend to head to Blacks or The Longhorn since you can gaze at the mountain in awe of the day you just had. I tend to just leave my bike on the edge of the patio and keep an eye on it but, I will get onto locking your bike up next.

Park in day lot 2, I think it costs $10 for the day but no overnight parking; I am assuming you are doing the trip in a day. It is a 90 second ride to the lifts / Village. Keep your bike locks in the car along with anything else you need to leave behind, this negates the need for one of the overpriced lockers.
When you go for a burger, just send someone to get the lock; there is plenty of places to lock your bike outside most bars.

Also, the Creekside gondola has been running quite a lot recently Eek

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 9:55 Quote
Responding to Skinny DH, Re Creekside Gondola running a lot recently, Id think it may be able to load bikes on it around July 16????

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
TAHW wrote:
Responding to Skinny DH, Re Creekside Gondola running a lot recently, Id think it may be able to load bikes on it around July 16????

For the love of god, please let this be true.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
adrianglover wrote:

Bring whatever lock you need and just leave it locked to a rack at the base of the park, then lock up your bike when you get food, locking within sight is best too. The lockers at g1 rentals aren't available at the moment. Unfortunately there's no free public parking in the village now so day lots for like $10. Water fountain at the base has been removed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
... Water fountain at the base has been removed.

Is there anywhere to refill a water bottle?

Thanks everyone for the responses so far.. I think I'll bring my big locks and leave them in the van, parked in day lot 2 as suggested.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
adrianglover wrote:
kevin267 wrote:
... Water fountain at the base has been removed.

Is there anywhere to refill a water bottle?

Thanks everyone for the responses so far.. I think I'll bring my big locks and leave them in the van, parked in day lot 2 as suggested.

There is a tap at the top of Fitzsimmons gondola next to the entrance to A-Line and the kids zone for when you are on the mountain. Other than that, there will be one or two still working in the village.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
There's still a bottle fill tap on the low side of the fitz load deck from what i saw.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
Zaeius wrote:
TAHW wrote:

For the love of god, please let this be true.

If creekside is open by the 25-26th when I'll be there I will be forever happy

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
Lot 4 is free, save yourself the $$ and bike the extra 12 seconds Smile

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:

Lot 4 has been paid parking since July 1st. It's $5 a day I believe

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
Does free parking exist?

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 21:04 Quote
Is Creekside underground still free?

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 21:09 Quote
steviej wrote:
StanMarsh wrote:

Lot 4 has been paid parking since July 1st. It's $5 a day I believe

hmm been parking there everyday this month. no ticket Smile

havent seen them out ticketing that area at all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012965
Mobile Version of Website