The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 2:21 Quote
https://www.whistler.ca/services/advisories/lost-lake-trails-reopened-fuel-thinning-work-along-western-boundary-lost-lake

Lost Lake trails reopened– Fuel thinning work along the western boundary of Lost Lake Park was completed July 25.
Wildfire fuel thinning within Lost Lake Park resumed April 30 and was completed July 25.

Thank you to the community for your patience with and respect for trail closures while fuel thinning work was completed in Spruce Grove and White Gold neighborhoods along the western boundary of Lost Lake Park.

Effective July 25, the following trails have reopened in Lost Lake Park:

White Gold Traverse
Centennial Trail between PassivHaus and Spruce Grove
Tin Pants
Gypsy Drum
Peaches En Regalia

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
LOTS is open! Celebration. Definitely getting dusty in the whole Sea-2-Sky - speaking of, isn't this basically just a Sea-2-Sky thread now?

Mosquitoes were kinda bad today on the Westside. Surprisingly not too bad in Pembie. @splitlit should consider riding Live Like Lisa in Pembie as it's rowdy fun.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
Anyone wanna tow me into the in deep triple hump? I'm ready to do it but find it difficult to hit such a challenging feature without seeing anyone do it in person first.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
LOTS is open! Celebration. Definitely getting dusty in the whole Sea-2-Sky - speaking of, isn't this basically just a Sea-2-Sky thread now?

Mosquitoes were kinda bad today on the Westside. Surprisingly not too bad in Pembie. @splitlit should consider riding Live Like Lisa in Pembie as it's rowdy fun.

I did a LOTS lap this morning. The bugs in the Sproatt alpine have always been bad, but holy crap, it was brutal today! Couldn't stop for more than a minute before getting swarmed. There were still several hike-a-bike snow patches, but at least it gives you a place to chill your beer. Smile

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 19:47 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anyone wanna tow me into the in deep triple hump? I'm ready to do it but find it difficult to hit such a challenging feature without seeing anyone do it in person first.

Sorry Thunder. Just missed you. Speed is not your friend on the Triple. Brake check on the second hump and "normal" speed on the last. Garbo dirt was excellent today

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
leelau wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Sorry Thunder. Just missed you. Speed is not your friend on the Triple. Brake check on the second hump and "normal" speed on the last. Garbo dirt was excellent today

No worries I wasn't there today. Next time I go. I've done much harder lines on cypress but it's just the exit that I'm worried about. Looks like you have to make a hard left after the drop?

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
leelau wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Sorry Thunder. Just missed you. Speed is not
it h your friend on the Triple. Brake check on the second hump and "normal" speed on the last. Garbo dirt was excellent today

No worries I wasn't there today. Next time I go. I've done much harder lines on cypress but it's just the exit that I'm worried about. Looks like you have to make a hard left after the drop?

I'd say it's no harder than say the rock slabs on Wild Cherry. The left isnt bad as there's a root you aim for which deflects you back on the trail. Having said that there's not a lot of vegetation in the runout. I suspect some cook it hot and blow the corner

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 21:58 Quote
leelau wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
leelau wrote:

Sorry Thunder. Just missed you. Speed is not
it h your friend on the Triple. Brake check on the second hump and "normal" speed on the last. Garbo dirt was excellent today

I'd say it's no harder than say the rock slabs on Wild Cherry. The left isnt bad as there's a root you aim for which deflects you back on the trail. Having said that there's not a lot of vegetation in the runout. I suspect some cook it hot and blow the corner

Sounds like if I just control my speed I'll be fine. Thanks for the advice. I'll consider giving it a go next time I'm there. Just wish my friends had the balls to do it and show me how it's done haha.

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 13:38 Quote
Triple Hump isn’t bad as long as you control speed (ie don’t try in the wet for first time, have good tires), you can creep it to the last roll. I find on a DH bike you just roll off the end of the rock and very slight left into the next feature without having to think about it... haven’t tried it on a trail bike.

Noted re: Sproatt — Deet time.

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Triple Hump isn’t bad as long as you control speed (ie don’t try in the wet for first time, have good tires), you can creep it to the last roll. I find on a DH bike you just roll off the end of the rock and very slight left into the next feature without having to think about it... haven’t tried it on a trail bike.

Noted re: Sproatt — Deet time.

I have a gambler with brand new tires so hoping I will be fine! Thanks for the help. After riding cypress secret trails today I think the triple hump may be easy lol

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
Please keep an eye out on the trails for my stolen 2019 YT Capra AL Comp.
Thanks.

https://project529.com/garage/bikes/pump-sprint-basket-bearings/bolo

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
Powshred wrote:
Please keep and eye out on the trails for my stolen 2019 YT Capra AL Comp.
Thanks.

Got a story for us ? How did it happen ? Sorry for your loss bro .

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
Colinofthewoods wrote:
Powshred wrote:
Thanks.

Not much of a story but an expensive lesson. Stolen overnight from my shed, in which it wasn't locked to anything.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Keep looking on kijiji and other sketch buy sell sites.

Couldn’t hurt to post some stolen pictures at local bike shops in case someone try to bring it in for a service.

Good luck getting it back- I hate thieves so much

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
Powshred wrote:
Colinofthewoods wrote:
Powshred wrote:
Thanks.

Not much of a story but an expensive lesson. Stolen overnight from my shed, in which it wasn't locked to anything.

all my bikes have a tracker in the seat tube. charge it ever 6 months an ur good. Thieves fs suck. Lowliest ppl of the planet fr

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011789
Mobile Version of Website