The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
I hadn't been to whistler in a few years and rode that Misfire - delayed fuse - BC trail combo. Those are amazing. We made a few laps of them.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
nickel wrote:
Misfire has been greasy as heck.

I rode it Sunday, no grease! It was great. My only complaint is the amount of noobs on that trail who are way in over their head. My buddy crashed and hit his knee on a rock because of a group of people who were walking down one of the steep chutes.

That's park riding for you though Smile

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
TreyDownhill wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
nickel wrote:
Misfire has been greasy as heck.

I rode it Sunday, no grease! It was great. My only complaint is the amount of noobs on that trail who are way in over their head. My buddy crashed and hit his knee on a rock because of a group of people who were walking down one of the steep chutes.

I swear it's worse this year compared to previous seasons. No joke has been bad too with the steep entrance right after the little gap jump.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
Weird- I didn’t think anyone in BC was a noob at biking haha

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
TreyDownhill wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

I swear it's worse this year compared to previous seasons. No joke has been bad too with the steep entrance right after the little gap jump.
I seem to notice a lot of new park riders this year, guessing Covid is introducing a lot of people To mountain biking and to the park. That’s good for the sport though. Misfire is running so good right now. Weasel juice is pretty fun. The new more Duff is wicked! One of my favs right now.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
I just finished a short three days in whistler bike park and couldn’t believe how well the main flow trails have held up. Riding A Line or Crank it Up in sept with minimal breaking bumps was surreal. Are those sprinklers on A Line and Heart of Darkness new or did I just not notice them before?

I still have 4 days on my pass so I’m looking forward to coming back soon. Maybe after a rain, as the rocks were getting a bit slippery with dust.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
I just finished a short three days in whistler bike park and couldn’t believe how well the main flow trails have held up. Riding A Line or Crank it Up in sept with minimal breaking bumps was surreal. Are those sprinklers on A Line and Heart of Darkness new or did I just not notice them before?

I still have 4 days on my pass so I’m looking forward to coming back soon. Maybe after a rain, as the rocks were getting a bit slippery with dust.
they put those in a few years ago

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
Does WB still offer the 3 run sampler pass? Can't get through on the phone and it's not listed on the website, but not sure it ever was?

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
Need to have access to or be an WB employee.

Personally, I posted an ISO in the Whistler Buy and Sell FB page - had an offer within a few hours

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
Taz123 wrote:
Need to have access to or be an WB employee.

Personally, I posted an ISO in the Whistler Buy and Sell FB page - had an offer within a few hours

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up. Do you know what the price is this year?

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
Nope, so the seller and I agreed on a price that worked for the both of us.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
Can anyone recommend speed for the very step up on Dirt Merchant? After the last little step down before it do you need to pedal or can you just coast into it? I talked to a few guys today and they said they have to pedal into it, however the
Rémy Métailler video shows Peter not throwing any pedals strokes in. I get those guys are on another level, however I'm on a 29er which carries speed really well, I found myself overshooting some jumps that in the past I would have to throw some pedal strokes in to make. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
You don't really need to pedal after the drop as long as you clear it fine. That said it would be extremely difficult to overshoot the step up.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 5:05 Quote
charmingbob wrote:
Can anyone recommend speed for the very step up on Dirt Merchant? After the last little step down before it do you need to pedal or can you just coast into it? I talked to a few guys today and they said they have to pedal into it, however the
Rémy Métailler video shows Peter not throwing any pedals strokes in. I get those guys are on another level, however I'm on a 29er which carries speed really well, I found myself overshooting some jumps that in the past I would have to throw some pedal strokes in to make. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sounds like you're talking about the very last one out of the woods? If you can land TDC on the little step down and pump the landing, pump the roller into the step up, no pedaling required. There is some aggressive pumping involved though.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
Any recommendations for a riding rain jacket? So much out there not too sure what to go for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018301
Mobile Version of Website