The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
Snowing at village level.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
nickel wrote:
It would be sick if people stopped poaching closed trails. Lately this has been savage in Creekside with people riding through freshly reworked mud and full on Tree Felling Closures. Please just stop doing it. If you absolutely must ride out to creekside and all the trail options in front of you are closed, ride down the ski run of SFT. Stay off the closed trails. We're going to start pulling passes as someone is going to get seriously hurt, maybe us.

i dont understand why people do this, there are so many amazing trails in the valley including the kadenwood zone right there - why would you forego those to poach earth circus when you can rip world class singletrack and not inconvenience the team out there building your bikepark for next season

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
Albatrosse wrote:
nickel wrote:
It would be sick if people stopped poaching closed trails. Lately this has been savage in Creekside with people riding through freshly reworked mud and full on Tree Felling Closures. Please just stop doing it. If you absolutely must ride out to creekside and all the trail options in front of you are closed, ride down the ski run of SFT. Stay off the closed trails. We're going to start pulling passes as someone is going to get seriously hurt, maybe us.

i dont understand why people do this, there are so many amazing trails in the valley including the kadenwood zone right there - why would you forego those to poach earth circus when you can rip world class singletrack and not inconvenience the team out there building your bikepark for next season

Rule 7

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
The amount of ridelogs on Earth Circus / Palm Corners and co right now is ridiculous. People just post the fact that they're breaking the rules and being dangerous for the world to see!

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
What am I missing here, no offense to the builders but why would you want to pedal up to ride any of the Creekside blue flow trails? But yeah, time for 1 year WB bans for the asshats.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
gramboh wrote:
What am I missing here, no offense to the builders but why would you want to pedal up to ride any of the Creekside blue flow trails? But yeah, time for 1 year WB bans for the asshats.

I know right? The riding outside the park is far better if you're gonna pedal.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
Earth Circus is fun in a pinch, but WHY when it's closed? I just don't understand.

Is public shame an effective counter?

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Before it was a park trail BC's Trail was my go to quick lap from Creekside but I havent ridden it since it was drawn into the park - I hear it is beat but I definitely wouldnt ride up to hit Earth Circus - thats a poor fun to effort ratio.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 22:16 Quote
paulskibum wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Before it was a park trail BC's Trail was my go to quick lap from Creekside but I havent ridden it since it was drawn into the park - I hear it is beat but I definitely wouldnt ride up to hit Earth Circus - thats a poor fun to effort ratio.

BC's trail must have been loamy before it became part of the park. It's still one of my favourite trails though.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
BC's trail must have been loamy before it became part of the park. It's still one of my favourite trails though.

It wasn't

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

It wasn't

Haha. Absolutely not loamy. Even when I moved to Bayshores around 2003 it was good times rock jank

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
leelau wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

It wasn't

Haha. Absolutely not loamy. Even when I moved to Bayshores around 2003 it was good times rock jank

I think it was actually worse before it got absorbed!

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
I feel like it was rougher but paradoxically had smaller holes. Maybe that's just my memory being shit or it's a 29er thing.

I can see why people pedals up to Earth Circus. There's basically no flow trails outside the park, it's an easy pedal to get to and it's well maintained.

Still no excuses for riding it when it's closed for tree felling or you're going to cause trail damage.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
leelau wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

It wasn't

Well. You just crushed my thoughts of a loamy BC's trail.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
I can see why people pedals up to Earth Circus. There's basically no flow trails outside the park, it's an easy pedal to get to and it's well maintained.

100% this. Its pretty much the only beginner trail in the valley and a super easy pedal up.

Its weird at the start of the season they had a closed sign on the paved trail just after exiting the top of Kadenwood for about 2 weeks. Hundreds of people ducked that everyday and everyone in town was pedaling/shuttling Kadenwood. The trails were mint and no one was working in the area. WBP made no comment on people riding there and kind of set precedent that ducking the closed sign is ok so cant say im surprised people did it late season too. Lots of people are dumb and dont realize the type of conditions that will ruin a trail. Lots of other people do realize but are selfish a-holes so they ride anyways.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009260
Mobile Version of Website