The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
Wonder if the bike park opening day will get pushed back due to the new travel ban

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
Moved my lodge booking to the next year. Again. This pandemic crap can't last forever

We just got more restrictions in BC again, so smart move. Hope you can make it out next year!

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
Moved my lodge booking to the next year. Again. This pandemic crap can't last forever

Luckily Whistler isn't in Ontario. Only 8 more lockdowns till Christmas Beer

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 20:47 Quote
Anyway I have some extra time for collect more money to afford myself hardcore month vacation with lots of cider, cheese, helibiking, lake swimming etc. I will make it all for both years I had to sit at home. Even no local races happened last year. Local biking just starts waking up this year a little bit. Enduro race soon, and I will participate on my DH bike. Damn, I am even agree for XC race on it, just give me competitions)

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
alanabailey wrote:
Wonder if the bike park opening day will get pushed back due to the new travel ban

I'm concerned it won't even open. Whistler means many people will travel outside the lower mainland (including me)

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
alanabailey wrote:

I'm concerned it won't even open. Whistler means many people will travel outside the lower mainland (including me)

Ski season opened during the worst of the pandemic. Vaccinations are under way now and the warm weather will slow the spread. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't open. Likely a delayed start, sometime in June, though.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:10 Quote
kookseverywhere wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
alanabailey wrote:

Ski season opened during the worst of the pandemic. Vaccinations are under way now and the warm weather will slow the spread. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't open. Likely a delayed start, sometime in June, though.

You speak with logic. I'm looking at it from the government's point of view. They aren't so logical when it comes to restrictions

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
Coastal Health and Fraser Health will be treated as one region according to Farnworth. As such technically you can drive to whistler form vancouver. Maybe that’s not the spirit of the rules but it’s allowed.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/lower-mainland-to-be-treated-as-one-health-authority-region-under-b-c-s-travel-restriction-1.5397387

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Coastal Health and Fraser Health will be treated as one region according to Farnworth. As such technically you can drive to whistler form vancouver. Maybe that’s not the spirit of the rules but it’s allowed.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/lower-mainland-to-be-treated-as-one-health-authority-region-under-b-c-s-travel-restriction-1.5397387

But I highly doubt whistler blackcomb will open for just a small health authority area and also that creates people wanting to travel against suggested restrictions.
Most likely the opening will be delayed till June once these restrictions have been removed.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 15:52 Quote
BIKE PARK DATE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM WBP website! Will not open May 21!!!!

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
kookseverywhere wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
alanabailey wrote:

I thought we were now in the midst of the worst of the pandemic?

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:

I thought we were now in the midst of the worst of the pandemic?

I thought so too, but it seems to depend on who you are asking. Even the so called "experts" don't really know what's going on.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 21:27 Quote
WTF. Opening day pushed? I'm getting vaccinated for this.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
timvan wrote:

Yea, eta is unknown, staff will need to be vaccinated, and test negative, until then, no idea on staffing levels.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 22:24 Quote
timvan wrote:

Is there any confirmation? I'm still hoping that Whistler opening vaccinations for everyone will let it happen.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009284
Mobile Version of Website