The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Author Message
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
I think they’re vaccinating towns with high infection rates so Whistler should be getting
covered.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
timvan wrote:
WTF. Opening day pushed? I'm getting vaccinated for this.

It’s not about you it’s about removing the reason for people to travel, until 70% of the population receives BOTH vaccine doses the threat of spreading the virus is real, people travelling to Whistler is the reason that the Whistler area had the highest rate of one of the variants in the world, and in January of 2021 beat the exceeded the amount of cases in 2020 in one month

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
Anyone know how many covid deaths in Whistler?
How many Whistler cases required ICU?

I keep hearing Whistler was the worst in the world but being here it seemed like no one had a serious case, would like to find reliable stats but not sure where to look. Cheers.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
Anyone know how many covid deaths in Whistler?
How many Whistler cases required ICU?

I keep hearing Whistler was the worst in the world but being here it seemed like no one had a serious case, would like to find reliable stats but not sure where to look. Cheers.

That info isn’t public knowledge, most Whistler residents know people that have been negatively impacted by someone’s health, just this weekend a fire response in Whistler was negatively impacted with availability of staff due to a number of firefighters being both sick and unable to attend due to exposure
It’s not about people directly dying from Covid

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
Whistler had the highest rate of the p1 varient outside of Brazil and the highest case rate per capita in BC for a few weeks. At least one friend of a friend ended up in the ICU.

Bc CDC generally don't give out detailed data on where hospitalization are from but if you study the numbers hard enough you might be able to draw some inferences.

Most of town has had their first dose now. Food and beverage staff got theirs about a month a go, the rest of the town last week. I suspect we'll have a more firm date post may long weekend. If case count keeps dropping then the travel restrictions will hopefully lift which makes the park more likely to open.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
Angu58 wrote:
timvan wrote:
WTF. Opening day pushed? I'm getting vaccinated for this.

Is there any confirmation? I'm still hoping that Whistler opening vaccinations for everyone will let it happen.

The opening date was pushed at the same time as the orders from BC on essential travel.
My guess is that it will open in beginning of June as long as the orders don’t get extended.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
alanabailey wrote:

as long as the orders don’t get extended.

just 2 more weeks! and then two more weeks..... and then a couple more weeks, but after that don't worry, it'll only be two more weeks!

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
Whenever I hear – Two More Weeks
Ministry's – Just One Fix
pops into my head.

Texas & Florida seem to be doing fine...

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
alanabailey wrote:
Angu58 wrote:
timvan wrote:
WTF. Opening day pushed? I'm getting vaccinated for this.

Is there any confirmation? I'm still hoping that Whistler opening vaccinations for everyone will let it happen.

The opening date was pushed at the same time as the orders from BC on essential travel.
My guess is that it will open in beginning of June as long as the orders don’t get extended.

"As long as the orders don't get extended"

Have you seen goodfellas where ray Liotta is fake laughing hysterically? That's me right now

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
srh2 wrote:
Whenever I hear – Two More Weeks
Ministry's – Just One Fix
pops into my head.

Texas & Florida seem to be doing fine...

Its crazy looking at the states, Florida and Texas opened everything back up and moved on from covid...they are doing fine. NY and Cali have imposed harsh, over the top restrictions and covid surged.

Florida has the oldest population so removing restrictions should have resulted in everyone dying...didnt happen.

Some people woke up to the scam of lockdowns but unfortunately many did not.

Canada has zero politicians with a back bone or common sense so we doubled down on social distancing, masks and closing the economy....and many Canadians applaud the decision Facepalm

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
srh2 wrote:
Whenever I hear – Two More Weeks
Ministry's – Just One Fix
pops into my head.

Texas & Florida seem to be doing fine...

Its crazy looking at the states, Florida and Texas opened everything back up and moved on from covid...they are doing fine. NY and Cali have imposed harsh, over the top restrictions and covid surged.

Florida has the oldest population so removing restrictions should have resulted in everyone dying...didnt happen.

Some people woke up to the scam of lockdowns but unfortunately many did not.

Canada has zero politicians with a back bone or common sense so we doubled down on social distancing, masks and closing the economy....and many Canadians applaud the decision Facepalm

only 35000 deaths in FL and 50000 in TX, everything was totally fine!

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
Chart those deaths by time and you will see a line sloping down to the right.

Numbers with no context are great to prove anything you want.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
srh2 wrote:
Whenever I hear – Two More Weeks
Ministry's – Just One Fix
pops into my head.

Texas & Florida seem to be doing fine...

Its crazy looking at the states, Florida and Texas opened everything back up and moved on from covid...they are doing fine. NY and Cali have imposed harsh, over the top restrictions and covid surged.

Florida has the oldest population so removing restrictions should have resulted in everyone dying...didnt happen.

Some people woke up to the scam of lockdowns but unfortunately many did not.

Canada has zero politicians with a back bone or common sense so we doubled down on social distancing, masks and closing the economy....and many Canadians applaud the decision Facepalm

I have a friend who applauds the lockdowns. Gave me shit for saying I'm still going to shuttle and ride whistler.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 17:25 Quote
Getting exercise and vit D outdoors are you crazy your gonna kill us all!

Sitting on your ass indoors all day with a mask on is the key to good physical and mental health. we're all in this together.

Just ignore the increase in suicide, drug/alcohol addictions, spousal/child abuse and mental issues. Ignore the huge debt we've burdened our young generations with. Ignore your fellow community members who've lost their jobs/businesses and are now on gov handouts. Ignore the huge increase in health issues to come as a result of people not exercising and never leaving their homes.

Average lifespan of canadians 81.95 years.
Covid deaths in Canada
Under 60 4.4%
Over 60 95.6%
Over 80 67.6%

We are choosing to destroy the lives of our youngest to slightly prolong the lives of our oldest.

Anyways sorry for ranting...no bike park makes me sad Cry

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
timvan wrote:
WTF. Opening day pushed? I'm getting vaccinated for this.

Ride or Die


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009225
Mobile Version of Website