The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
This thread has really taken a dive into a dumpster of late. Who's actually been riding their bike? What's good in Whistler these days? Squamish and pemby have not sucked and the valley looks to be melting a treat in town. Let's hear something relevant!

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
nickel wrote:
This thread has really taken a dive into a dumpster of late. Who's actually been riding their bike? What's good in Whistler these days? Squamish and pemby have not sucked and the valley looks to be melting a treat in town. Let's hear something relevant!

Yeah sorry for my part in that. I agree Smile
On the plus side, if Whistler doesn't open right away there's no shortage of other awesome places for people to ride all over BC Big Grin

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
I have ridden lost lake, cut yer bars, out there, happiest days, and some westside stuff!

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 22:44 Quote
I am relieved to see that there are others who are awake and paying attention to what's going on.
This gives me hope.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
nickel wrote:
things are clearing our really fast. green lake s-2-sky trail is good to go, for a nice scenic ride of mental torture

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
The valley trails are all clear. Lost Lake trails are mostly clear but still pretty wet. They're going to be doing that fuel-thinning thing on the west side of the highway this year (cut yer bars area, etc) so that'll be a total sh*t-show.

OTOH, I tend to stick to the Lost Lake area, so last year was far more frustrating from my POV.

Oh, and bears all over the place. We saw three different bears in one day this week. No grizzlies, thank dog.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
What's the state of the creekside dirt jumps (by the skatepark)?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
I just rode by there minutes ago, there's people working on the big side, the little ones up top are open, didn't look at the little line down below

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 21:09 Quote
Any rumors or updates on 1199? Construction starting this year?

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
Stainer wrote:
Any rumors or updates on 1199? Construction starting this year?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-the-stevie-smith-1199-dh-track.html

+1!

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
wow.... that was 2018?!

xTwoSnakesx wrote:
wow.... that was 2018?!

Yeah! I'm surprised it hasn't already opened, in the article I think it said it should have been open in 2019 but it seems like it's been a quiet subject since the article. I really hope it's still happening and maybe they'll open it this season if so! That would be sick! STEVE SMITH!!! Big Grin \m/

kyleluvsdh wrote:
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
wow.... that was 2018?!

Yeah! I'm surprised it hasn't already opened, in the article I think it said it should have been open in 2019 but it seems like it's been a quiet subject since the article. I really hope it's still happening and maybe they'll open it this season if so! That would be sick! STEVE SMITH!!! Big Grin \m/

Apparently a black jump trail is being built in creekside too. That would be a nice alternative to the blue flow trails.

ThunderChunk wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
wow.... that was 2018?!

Apparently a black jump trail is being built in creekside too. That would be a nice alternative to the blue flow trails.

I'm honestly a big tech guy myself, but that still sounds sick! Drool Big Grin Beer

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I think someone in the know (nickel maybe?) said they had started on it last year or year before and it's in progress. Maybe got delayed by other priorities for COVID last year? I'd also expect they would open it the same year as holding a race on it, i.e. fresh track premiering at a race is pretty cool. Maybe they run BC cups as UCI test events for a couple years and then pray for WCDH?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008668
Mobile Version of Website