The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
officersdr wrote:
Are there lockers to rent in the village for the bike park?

Also wondering if anyone has any recommendations for storage lockers for bikes (for overnight, etc.). I've heard lots of stories of bikes getting stolen in Whistler, even from "secure" storage areas in hotels, etc. It looks like our AirBnB doesn't allow bikes inside, so looking to see what the options are for overnight and non-riding times.

Cheers.

I'm going up tomorrow for the next few days....i'll take a look around to see if there is any bike storage/valet

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
calicartel wrote:
I'm going up tomorrow for the next few days....i'll take a look around to see if there is any bike storage/valet

Awesome man, thanks!

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
officersdr wrote:

Also wondering if anyone has any recommendations for storage lockers for bikes (for overnight, etc.). I've heard lots of stories of bikes getting stolen in Whistler, even from "secure" storage areas in hotels, etc. It looks like our AirBnB doesn't allow bikes inside, so looking to see what the options are for overnight and non-riding times.

Cheers.

some Airbnb allow indoor bike storage! i rent a condo each year and i can put my bike inside without problems

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 23:39 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
officersdr wrote:

Cheers.

They all say no bikes inside, but the bikes come inside anyway, assuming you are renting the place to yourself and not just a room. Just be smart about it, wash your bike, don't bang it into the walls bringing it in, put shop towels under the tires if they are dirty, don't dent the wall leaning them. I've never had a problem doing this... I only trust hotels with staff only bike valet and a good reputation like Aava, Fairmont etc.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 5:38 Quote
Yeah, that's been our experience in the past with AirBnB too. But this place is super nice, and the owner specifically said, so... But I wouldn't expect anyone to actually be there to enforce this, and yeah we're smart/polite with our bikes. I suspect we'll arrive our first day and see the situation in person, but would like to have a backup option in case.

Thanks all.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
calicartel wrote:

Awesome man, thanks!

Asked around, WB or any shops aren’t doing any overnight bike storage all due to COVID apparently. Trails were great today.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
Much appreciated, that actually might help give us some leverage to bring the bikes inside.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 21:31 Quote
calicartel wrote:
bishopsmike wrote:
calicartel wrote:

Awesome man, thanks!

Asked around, WB or any shops aren’t doing any overnight bike storage all due to COVID apparently. Trails were great today.

Weird. I dunno how that's related to a virus.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
Maybe you could just walk into a hotel lobby that has a bike valet and give the guy a 20 to store your bike?

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
Taz123 wrote:
Give a call to Garbanzo Bike and Bean - they used to allow for storage overnight (for a fee).

As to lockers, there are small ones (for $$) below the Summit Hotel by the washrooms.

Thanks man. Just doing a day trip from the island and wanted a place to stash a backpack that was closer then the truck

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Couple things missing from the map that are on the status list, also not finding new trails on youtube, maybe there is or will be some videos?
Pines of Mar Gables
Double Vision (may not be new? or was secret)
One at Creekside that's just called "Trail"
So much newness the past couple years.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
Couple things missing from the map that are on the status list, also not finding new trails on youtube, maybe there is or will be some videos?
Pines of Mar Gables

Mar gables is a sweet green connector from the stopping area after dirt merch/first half of a line/lower angry pirate/etc into del Boca VISTA. I think double vision was the old name for the family cross, and might be resurrectied for the new dual slalom?
Pretty sure Trail is a short black tech off South park, goes through part of the end of RDS

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:53 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
Pines of Mar Gables

Creekside is pretty useless right now…literally 1 route down to the lift…just stay Garbo and fitz

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
Pines of Mar Gables

Trail is old. I believe it's the end of ride don't slide. The other ones you listed I'm not sure what they are.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 23:29 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Mar gables is a sweet green connector from the stopping area after dirt merch/first half of a line/lower angry pirate/etc into del Boca VISTA. I think double vision was the old name for the family cross, and might be resurrectied for the new dual slalom?
Pretty sure Trail is a short black tech off South park, goes through part of the end of RDS

Thanks! I recall dual slalom but now it's double black? And it's the GMC Dual Slalom, $10 to walk up!
Probably need to stop looking at anything bike park related until there is some certainty for returning.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009106
Mobile Version of Website