The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
leelau wrote:
tvan5 wrote:
If I wanted to do LOTS and start from the Sirloin/Darwin's route, where is the best place to park? Am I allowed to park at rainbow park or is there somewhere better that isn't pay parking? Thanks!

Imo Rainbow is best as you can end at a lake. Some will park at Stonebridge which is also fine

Awesome thanks! there is street parking at stonebridge then?

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Rainbow is paid now, maybe has a maximum time too? Not sure. Stonebridge is pretty good though it can get really busy in the summer. Creekside would be a safe option and really not much further to get across at Nita lake and up the hill.

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
tvan. Rainbow is paid parking. Stonebridge does have some space constraints but there's lots of street parking.

Creekside is actually a good idea. You can easily ride to Darwin from Creekside and maybe park around Nita Lake to start.

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 16:39 Quote
can always do lower sproatt to industrial waste climb too out of creekside, keeps you on trail and in the forest instead of riding the road, probably a bit harder, but a lot more enjoyable in my opinion.

Heard a rumour that you can't do a Top of the World ticket out of Creekside anymore, is that true?? God I hope not as I really do not like going into the village.

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
fgiraffe wrote:
bigquotesOne thing I'd be very worried about is leaving your bikes unattended on your vehicle

This, and not just in Vancouver. I've found traveling with bikes on the car sorta stressful for playing tourist, hopefully you can manage that anxiety about losing your bike better than I can.

I never leave mine out of sight when traveling. Bike theft anxiety is through the roof for me.

I think this confirms my decision to travel in a Van Full time

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
Anyone know why Diesel Wolf got taken off Trailforks? CN Rail issue?

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
Either that or the builder isn't stoked on the takeover and has removed. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
Heard a rumour that you can't do a Top of the World ticket out of Creekside anymore, is that true?? God I hope not as I really do not like going into the village.

not true, uploaded Creekside for TOTW just fine.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 20:42 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:

Yah that would've been strange

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
leelau wrote:
tvan5 wrote:
If I wanted to do LOTS and start from the Sirloin/Darwin's route, where is the best place to park? Am I allowed to park at rainbow park or is there somewhere better that isn't pay parking? Thanks!

Imo Rainbow is best as you can end at a lake. Some will park at Stonebridge which is also fine

Awesome thanks! there is street parking at stonebridge then?

You can park in Stonebridge just obey parking signs. I park half way up so that I can just traverse Danimal at the end of the LOTS ride and not have to climb the entire road back to the car.

Also have done it from Function, definitely more energy required but you get a longer descent out the bottom end of day. Rainbow seems like a good one if not for the parking problem.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:

Do you still have to load the Whistler Gondi at mid station for TOWT from Creekside?

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
Zaeius wrote:

Do you still have to load the Whistler Gondi at mid station for TOWT from Creekside?
correct

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
Hey everyone, I was curious if there is anywhere in/close by the village that doesn't have a two night minimum stay? It seems everywhere I look is a 2 or 3 night minimum stay. Thanks!

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
605endurbro wrote:
Hey everyone, I was curious if there is anywhere in/close by the village that doesn't have a two night minimum stay? It seems everywhere I look is a 2 or 3 night minimum stay. Thanks!

I think most places are 2 nights on weekends. If you're able to come during the week (even Sunday night), one night stay is fine. Just stayed for one night at Aava on Sunday night.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
605endurbro wrote:

Where you looking? I've always stayed in places for one night.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012348
Mobile Version of Website