The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 20:42 Quote
Tvan, thanks, I didn't even think of that!

ThunderChunk, I've looked at the stoney creek stuff, Aava, and one or two other places I can't remember. I should have been specific, I was looking at a weekend night.

Also, are there any third party bike storage places? I.e., not associated with a hotel place.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
I just stayed a Saturday night (only) at the Hilton, booked via the WB website.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
Zaeius wrote:

Do you still have to load the Whistler Gondi at mid station for TOWT from Creekside?
correct

Remember when they ran Red Chair for bikes a few seasons ago? 2017 or 2018 I think? Was kind of cool to have the option.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
605endurbro wrote:
Hey everyone, I was curious if there is anywhere in/close by the village that doesn't have a two night minimum stay? It seems everywhere I look is a 2 or 3 night minimum stay. Thanks!

Where are you booking through? That can make a difference.
Lots of hotels do one night.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
605endurbro wrote:
Tvan, thanks, I didn't even think of that!

ThunderChunk, I've looked at the stoney creek stuff, Aava, and one or two other places I can't remember. I should have been specific, I was looking at a weekend night.

Also, are there any third party bike storage places? I.e., not associated with a hotel place.

WB was doing storage under the Carlton hotel but not since covid. No other third party storage places.
Hilton, aava, westin, sundial have secured storage for bikes that only employees can access.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
gramboh wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:
Zaeius wrote:

Do you still have to load the Whistler Gondi at mid station for TOWT from Creekside?
correct

Remember when they ran Red Chair for bikes a few seasons ago? 2017 or 2018 I think? Was kind of cool to have the option.

That was 2019. Then covid hit. Now I dunno where it's at. Maybe it's not coming back again?

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
Anyone think they will be opening Crabapple this year?

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
EvinReed wrote:
Anyone think they will be opening Crabapple this year?

Apparently soon, as in the next few weeks. Last time it was open I was a much worse rider, and I really hope to clear it this year.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 22:11 Quote
The Adara hotel had secure bike storage last time I stayed there, but it has been a few years. Only the staff had access.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
gramboh wrote:
flipfantasia wrote:

correct

That was 2019. Then covid hit. Now I dunno where it's at. Maybe it's not coming back again?

I bet it's back next summer when occupancy in hotels is back to maxed out... helps spread out sightseer lines and incentivize Creekside a bit more when they (and bikers) can do Creekside > Red to get to Roundhouse.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 2:36 Quote
gramboh wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
gramboh wrote:

I bet it's back next summer when occupancy in hotels is back to maxed out... helps spread out sightseer lines and incentivize Creekside a bit more when they (and bikers) can do Creekside > Red to get to Roundhouse.
was open 2018. 2019 they had it ripped apart for maintenance. figured last year it was closed because the peak chair was closed and the tourists werent going up that side. or if it wasn't worth the money to run it

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
they were only running Red that year because of maintenance on village gondola as I recall. Doubt it's in the plans to use again anytime soon.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
How's the park looking these days? Heading home to the island on Friday was thinking I'd take a detour through whistler and ride Saturday. Are they making singles ride the chair alone still?

cmarwood wrote:
How's the park looking these days? Heading home to the island on Friday was thinking I'd take a detour through whistler and ride Saturday. Are they making singles ride the chair alone still?

No they're pairing people up as long as there's space between them on the chair. It's gonna be busy af. Long weekend. I'm getting my park laps in on weekdays this week.

Knock on wood but the park hasn't been very busy last couple weeks, even on weekends

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009178
Mobile Version of Website