The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 20:47 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
I've been to Whistler twice this season (I live 3-4 hours away). Haven't ridden the park but it's pretty tough to plan going to a bar or restaurant at peak times. Not enough workers. Tried to make reservations a few weeks ahead and couldn't get my name down anywhere. Either places aren't taking resos because of the high no show rate or they can't guarantee hours or how many tables they can have if they don't know their staff levels.

There's so many places to eat, you'll find something but might not be your top choice.

This past week ate just about every day at Dubh Linn Gate pub, right by Fitz. Never had to wait in line. Decent food.

Happy hour in the lounge at Hy’s Steakhouse is a good deal, easy to get a table if you are eating before 5:30.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
Anyone know what kind of shape the Mackenzie FSR in Pemberton is in for shuttling to the first parking lot and to bottom of Middle Earth? We have an SUV with city tires and not great clearance for the hitch rack as well as a 4 Runner with good clearance... last summer it was in good shape but maybe that changed over the winter.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Anyone know what kind of shape the Mackenzie FSR in Pemberton is in for shuttling to the first parking lot and to bottom of Middle Earth? We have an SUV with city tires and not great clearance for the hitch rack as well as a 4 Runner with good clearance... last summer it was in good shape but maybe that changed over the winter.

Not 100% sure but the water bars tend to cause hitch racks with bikes to run tires in the ground that may cause issues. Others may know more but just my info from past experiences.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 18:26 Quote
With Freight Train closed can you take Una Moss to No Joke?

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
Falling wrote:

Yes that's what I've been doing. Or original sin to bear cub to no joke

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
gramboh wrote:

Its not great this year as mentioned, pretty big water bars and erosion.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Falling wrote:

Is it closed for the season??

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Falling wrote:

Is it closed for the season??

As far as I can tell it's only closed because they're rebuilding the jumps and berms. So I'm sure it will open again. I hope it does, the new work looks amazing.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 13:14 Quote
VolatileMike wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Its not great this year as mentioned, pretty big water bars and erosion.

Thanks... will just pedal if we end up riding up there I guess. My hitch is too low on my SUV, especially with my new bike being pretty long, will bang the rear tires and that's even if my vehicle can safely clear the bars which I kinda doubt. Plus I just don't trust my tires on rough FSRs.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Falling wrote:
We just crossed the border yesterday. It was a breeze once you, as long as you filled all info out on the app. Getting an appointment for the COVID test that turns it around within 72 hours was the tricky part. We were able to find a place in Bellingham.

Does anyone know how safe the parking lots are at night? Our hotel parking won’t fit our van so we’ve got to keep it there overnight. Also when do they start checking if you paid. The sign says 8:00am. Are they that anal? If I’m out there by 9:30 am I likely to get a ticket?

Yes they are really anal about parking. I see them Constantly checking the vehicles.

One time I was in the line paying for my parking at the kiosk and had a ticket waiting at my truck. RELENTLESS.

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
Don't know why everyone is expecting LOTS to open... just accept that it's 90% chance of closed for the season.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
WTH did they do before LOTS even existed? There are many other trails to ride. Don't people know that?

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
Are things really wet down there? I have six days left on my 10 day pass and feel I may have missed my window…

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Are things really wet down there? I have six days left on my 10 day pass and feel I may have missed my window…
actually wasnt bad after the rain stopped the last couple hours today

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
Poachninja wrote:

I was there Monday and it was great... Garbo tech laps were a little wet (In Deep, etc) but so fun haha!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012677
Mobile Version of Website