The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Author Message
Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Are things really wet down there? I have six days left on my 10 day pass and feel I may have missed my window…

Fitz laps were mint monday.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
timvan wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
Are things really wet down there? I have six days left on my 10 day pass and feel I may have missed my window…

Fitz laps were mint monday.

Great weather today too

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 23:54 Quote
Get it quick, 50-75mm storm coming Friday, 3C alpine high 2900m FL could be sleet at Garbo?

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Get it quick, 50-75mm storm coming Friday, 3C alpine high 2900m FL could be sleet at Garbo?

I hope it warms up! I want one more day

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Get it quick, 50-75mm storm coming Friday, 3C alpine high 2900m FL could be sleet at Garbo?

Goddamit. I can’t make it till Tuesday now. Hope it warms up

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:20 Quote


I think the extreme fire hazard danger has subsided

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
Was absolutely pissing all day in the city up until a couple hours ago.. more rain overnight Saturday, gonna be crazy wet anywhere in sea to sky this weekend.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
Hey, thinking of heading up from the top of Garbonzo chair to hit Khyber-Nowhere-Kush this weekend... Is there no longer a single ride option for lift tickets - $83 is the only option?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 22:20 Quote
How the park running these last few days? Looking to come up on the weekend.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
Hey, thinking of heading up from the top of Garbonzo chair to hit Khyber-Nowhere-Kush this weekend... Is there no longer a single ride option for lift tickets - $83 is the only option?

Correct, or you can climb up to it if you don't want to pay.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
DustanTucker wrote:
How the park running these last few days? Looking to come up on the weekend.

I got here Tuesday night and after rain that night, the sun came out yesterday and the dirt was primo. The wood, rocks and roots were a bit greasy but I suspect that will be getting better and better, at least lower down.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
@TheSpangler. Thanks!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
TheSpangler wrote:
bishopsmike wrote:
Hey, thinking of heading up from the top of Garbonzo chair to hit Khyber-Nowhere-Kush this weekend... Is there no longer a single ride option for lift tickets - $83 is the only option?

Correct, or you can climb up to it if you don't want to pay.

Climbing isn't allowed so make sure you don't get caught

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
TheSpangler wrote:
bishopsmike wrote:
Hey, thinking of heading up from the top of Garbonzo chair to hit Khyber-Nowhere-Kush this weekend... Is there no longer a single ride option for lift tickets - $83 is the only option?

Correct, or you can climb up to it if you don't want to pay.

Climbing isn't allowed so make sure you don't get caught

That'll depend on the way you go. Head up from the Function side and you're not riding in the bike park, no problems.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Btw, I kind of wanted to pedal dark crystal this trip but read that it isn’t a wet weather trail. Where is good to pedal this time of year?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009808
Mobile Version of Website