The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
remoh wrote:
Why on earth is the gondola closed these days given the current lineups??
usually closed this time of year for maintenence. looks like they are going to put a new cable on the lower half

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
remoh wrote:
Closes same time every year. Nothing new. Gives them time to do maintenance for the winter.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
charmingbob wrote:
remoh wrote:

I heard it's been closed since mid August, apparently not enough staff to run it.
That is not correct.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 6:53 Quote
remoh wrote:

Gotta do maintenance some time. It's a big lift and needs regular upkeep. Doesn't stop running in the spring.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
Is Garbo closed for snow?

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/wbmtnops/status/1447277751644221440

Closed today, bummer

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Might be a dumb question but i'm planning on visiting Whistler from the UK next summer and i'm wondering when lift passes for the summer season go on sale / how early you have to book them?

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Willoyd wrote:
Might be a dumb question but i'm planning on visiting Whistler from the UK next summer and i'm wondering when lift passes for the summer season go on sale / how early you have to book them?

usually go on sale in april-may

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Signed the grom up for SGC today, making the move up from DFX day camps. Not optimistic that they'll be able to offer DFX this summer based on what I'm hearing about ski school.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
What's going on in ski school?

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 21:17 Quote
bikenation wrote:
What's going on in ski school?

Staffing? Just some rant I was reading.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 6:48 Quote
Hi guys,

Planning a trip in Aug/Sep from the UK to Whistler. Keen to do some days in Pemberton and Sqaumish as well as bike park so would like to swap out DH bike for Enduro and vice versa where required. I am asking for the best rental places in Whistler Village (we are staying near Nesters). Would be great to hear experiences as there are so many to choose from!

Thank you

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Hi guys,

Planning a trip in Aug/Sep from the UK to Whistler. Keen to do some days in Pemberton and Sqaumish as well as bike park so would like to swap out DH bike for Enduro and vice versa where required. I am asking for the best rental places in Whistler Village (we are staying near Nesters). Would be great to hear experiences as there are so many to choose from!

Thank you

Always found Evolution super nice and awesome bikes trail and DH

https://www.evolutionwhistler.com/

right behind nesters

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
calicartel wrote:
nofx007 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you

right behind nesters

+1 for Evolution, also Summit.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 17:31 Quote
Nesters is in the village now?
Might be a month or two until the rental bikes are sorted, I'm not seeing anything on the websites for the usual shops.

goytay wrote:
calicartel wrote:
nofx007 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you

right behind nesters

+1 for Evolution, also Summit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016681
Mobile Version of Website