The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
hpman83 wrote:
I have the answer.
So if you need 7 days, you buy a 5 days pass then the 2 days at the regular prices.
If you buy the pass before may 15th, you have a bonus day.

where did you see that if you buy before may 15th there's a free day ?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 22:29 Quote
db235612 wrote:
hpman83 wrote:
I have the answer.
So if you need 7 days, you buy a 5 days pass then the 2 days at the regular prices.
If you buy the pass before may 15th, you have a bonus day.

where did you see that if you buy before may 15th there's a free day ?

take a look at the chart at the bottom of this:
https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/bike-park-passes.aspx

“†Book by May 15, 2022 for the best price and receive a bonus offer. Book by June 10, 2022 for the best price. “

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 0:47 Quote
What is going on with rental cars in YVR? I was trying to rent a van for our trip, but most companies say nothing (i.e. no cars at all) available for the time of our travel (July/August), and if you happen to find a vehicle, they only have small cars, and the prices are ridiculous.
We are staying in Whistler, but we are planning to go riding in Squamish and possibly Pemberton a couple of days. Are there any options to get to Squamish or Pemberton with our bikes w/o a car? It seems the shred shuttle guys are no longer offering the Whistler-Squamish shuttle, at least it is not mentioned on their website.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 4:24 Quote
Pick up your rental car in downtown Van. Literally half the price of the airport.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
knax wrote:
What is going on with rental cars in YVR? I was trying to rent a van for our trip, but most companies say nothing (i.e. no cars at all) available for the time of our travel (July/August), and if you happen to find a vehicle, they only have small cars, and the prices are ridiculous.
We are staying in Whistler, but we are planning to go riding in Squamish and possibly Pemberton a couple of days. Are there any options to get to Squamish or Pemberton with our bikes w/o a car? It seems the shred shuttle guys are no longer offering the Whistler-Squamish shuttle, at least it is not mentioned on their website.

There's probably still a shortage of rental cars. Lots of companies sold their vehicles during the pandemic due to low demand, but couldn't buy replacements because of the vehicle/chip shortages last year. So rental fleets are low on cars and prices are high Frown

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/rental-car-shortage-hits-canada-as-border-restrictions-loosen-1.5543909

I don't know about Squamish or pemberton, but Epic Rides will take you to Whistler. You might be able to arrange a lift with someone through one of the FB groups.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
tuckfordouble wrote:
There's probably still a shortage of rental cars. Lots of companies sold their vehicles during the pandemic due to low demand, but couldn't buy replacements because of the vehicle/chip shortages last year. So rental fleets are low on cars and prices are high Frown

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/rental-car-shortage-hits-canada-as-border-restrictions-loosen-1.5543909

I don't know about Squamish or pemberton, but Epic Rides will take you to Whistler. You might be able to arrange a lift with someone through one of the FB groups.

Rental car shortage, hadn't thought about that. Seemed a bit strange that I couldn't find a car almost 4 months in advance, this probably makes sense now.

We had used Epic Rides on previous trips. Worked great and I didn't have to drive myself after a 10hrs+ flight, which was a big bonus. And you don't really need a car in Whistler anyways. But since we are planning to do some riding in Squamish and Pemberton, I thought it would be good to have a car this time.
I checked some of the Vancouver downtown locations, and at least I was able to find a lot more cars there...

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
knax wrote:
tuckfordouble wrote:

Rental car shortage, hadn't thought about that. Seemed a bit strange that I couldn't find a car almost 4 months in advance, this probably makes sense now.

We had used Epic Rides on previous trips. Worked great and I didn't have to drive myself after a 10hrs+ flight, which was a big bonus. And you don't really need a car in Whistler anyways. But since we are planning to do some riding in Squamish and Pemberton, I thought it would be good to have a car this time.
I checked some of the Vancouver downtown locations, and at least I was able to find a lot more cars there...
could do epic rides and try the car rental place in whistler

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 22:15 Quote
The avis rental location in Whistler is pretty small, don't know if their inventory will be any better. If shred shuttle doesn't run, you could charter a van through Whistler connection, or approach shuttle, would be pricier. Or rent a cool truck from far out wilderness

Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 0:35 Quote
Hello,
I read that the line at fitz during the week end can be long during the summer.
So I try to plan my trip to avoid that. But during the week (mid july) how bad it is usually at the bottom?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 18:37 Quote
hpman83 wrote:
Hello,
I read that the line at fitz during the week end can be long during the summer.
So I try to plan my trip to avoid that. But during the week (mid july) how bad it is usually at the bottom?

Thanks

There will still be a decent line up. Never as bad as the weekend, but don't expect short lines, especially with Creekside closed this year. Worth going during the week if you can for sure.

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
I’ve got flight and Airbnb schedule for June 13-18th. Anyone know if garbanzo zone will be open by then? Would be bummed if it wasn’t. I reckon they’ve got a lot of snow this year??

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 4:05 Quote
Still looks pretty damn snowy up there: https://youtu.be/vXGqKEzErfY

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
Yeah, skiing has been surprisingly good lately!

Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 13:52 Quote
[Quote="tyflymtb"]I’ve got flight and Airbnb schedule for June 13-18th. Anyone know if garbanzo zone will be open by then? Would be bummed if it wasn’t. I reckon they’ve got a lot of snow this year??[/Quote
Says June 13 right on the whistler bike park webpage

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 8:04 Quote
tyflymtb wrote:
I’ve got flight and Airbnb schedule for June 13-18th. Anyone know if garbanzo zone will be open by then? Would be bummed if it wasn’t. I reckon they’ve got a lot of snow this year??

Can confirm we have had a lot of snow! Even last week it was still snowing here. Fingers crossed opening goes as planned

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026437
Mobile Version of Website