The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
tvan5 wrote:

So good thank you!! Can't wait to get out there, seem to stop at squamish/Whistler every time I go that way. These trails look great!

Is Overnight Sensation okay for the wife as well, maybe with just a bit of walk arounds?

Thanks a ton for the tips and for all the other awesome work you do! Always appreciated.

I would think so? Obviously don't know your wife but overnight is not a particularly hard trail other than one cruxy rock Slab. It's certainly much easier than Rusty Trombone, which is the other option after Rudy's. I guess the "other other" option would be to go backwards down the access road back to something like Max Pains, but I think Overnight will provide much better value, even if she has to walk a couple bits.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
nickel wrote:
tvan5 wrote:

So good thank you!! Can't wait to get out there, seem to stop at squamish/Whistler every time I go that way. These trails look great!

Is Overnight Sensation okay for the wife as well, maybe with just a bit of walk arounds?

Thanks a ton for the tips and for all the other awesome work you do! Always appreciated.

I would think so? Obviously don't know your wife but overnight is not a particularly hard trail other than one cruxy rock Slab. It's certainly much easier than Rusty Trombone, which is the other option after Rudy's. I guess the "other other" option would be to go backwards down the access road back to something like Max Pains, but I think Overnight will provide much better value, even if she has to walk a couple bits.

Thanks again! She's okay with some easier blacks for sure. Looks like a lot of nice views on it too so that'll make it worth it either way!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
I wish I lived near Whistler, I’m headed up to mammoth for opening day…and they only have 3 green trails open. Mammoth is such a joke of a mountain.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
unrooted wrote:
I wish I lived near Whistler, I’m headed up to mammoth for opening day…and they only have 3 green trails open. Mammoth is such a joke of a mountain.

Everyone wishes they lived near Whistler! Me Included!!!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 16:07 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
nickel wrote:
tvan5 wrote:

Thanks again! She's okay with some easier blacks for sure. Looks like a lot of nice views on it too so that'll make it worth it either way!

Chiming in to agree with Nickel. Overnight has amazing views. Cream Puff also has amazing views. When you're down at the bottom and have to go over to Radio Tower and exit if you're not terribly tired of the views then get over to towards Mission Impossible (a right turn) as opposed to Radio Tower proper (a blue trail). There's one rock move on Mission that's tough but otherwise it's an "easy" black

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
leelau wrote:
tvan5 wrote:
nickel wrote:

Chiming in to agree with Nickel. Overnight has amazing views. Cream Puff also has amazing views. When you're down at the bottom and have to go over to Radio Tower and exit if you're not terribly tired of the views then get over to towards Mission Impossible (a right turn) as opposed to Radio Tower proper (a blue trail). There's one rock move on Mission that's tough but otherwise it's an "easy" black

Thanks! We are coming out for a hiking/biking trip, so views are a big plus.. will probably check that out. Big fan of rocks as well Smile

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
Any word on dirt merchant opening?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
tyflymtb wrote:
Wtf Dirt Merchant isn’t open? Dam I’ve been living under a rock.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 16:41 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
tyflymtb wrote:

Is it true they are rebuilding it top to bottom this summer?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 17:01 Quote
unrooted wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
tyflymtb wrote:

Nobody in here said they were rebuilding it this summer. Where did you hear that? I assumed Dirt merchant is closed because it’s still snowed in

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
Rossjiggler619 wrote:
unrooted wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Nobody in here said they were rebuilding it this summer. Where did you hear that? I assumed Dirt merchant is closed because it’s still snowed in

I hear that theirs too much demand for more blue flow trails.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 17:45 Quote
unrooted wrote:
Rossjiggler619 wrote:
unrooted wrote:

I hear that theirs too much demand for more blue flow trails.
Lol from you? Haha

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
Anyone know if Garbo is going to be open by mid July? I'm heading up there around then. Will most of the trails be open?

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 18:45 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Anyone know if Garbo is going to be open by mid July? I'm heading up there around then. Will most of the trails be open?

Pretty sure it will be by then.

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 23:12 Quote
Why do they decide to close Creekside this year? Right after all us Americans could get a chance to get up there they close a big portion of the bike park.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010346
Mobile Version of Website