The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 11:11 Quote
unrooted wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
I hate f**kin Vail. I was saying if they were (which they aren’t). They f**ked up my local bike park Northstar.

I’ve never heard a good thing about NorthStar, but things can always get worse.

There’s certainly a trend with all of the resorts getting bought up by a couple big corporations. Mammoth ha lbs declined in the last couple years, last year he new trail crew at mammoth royally f*cked up the jumps on 2 of the few jump trails, they used to be nice tables, but now they have steep lips and big humps that you must clear if you don’t want to get bucked. I don’t know if it’s the ownership, shitty managers, or just morons on the trail crew. I did complain about it and was told ”those are for experts only”.
Yea when I want to Mammoth 2 summers ago Pipeline was running horribly. Some of the jumps were to easy to clear and some were to hard to clear. So you get into this start stop kind of jump line. I see this the most a Northstar because it’s closer so I ride it more.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
Why can’t all mountains be Whistler?

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
There's a whistler mountain in Jasper as well. No bike park though

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 16:24 Quote
unrooted wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
I hate f**kin Vail. I was saying if they were (which they aren’t). They f**ked up my local bike park Northstar.

I’ve never heard a good thing about NorthStar, but things can always get worse.

There’s certainly a trend with all of the resorts getting bought up by a couple big corporations. Mammoth ha lbs declined in the last couple years, last year he new trail crew at mammoth royally f*cked up the jumps on 2 of the few jump trails, they used to be nice tables, but now they have steep lips and big humps that you must clear if you don’t want to get bucked. I don’t know if it’s the ownership, shitty managers, or just morons on the trail crew. I did complain about it and was told ”those are for experts only”.
alterra really f*cked over the downhill mountain bikers in ontario

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 19:55 Quote
The only people who care about creekside being closed are either from out of town or park there to access the park. Fitz is the be-all end-all of the park. Simple as that. You'll get over it about 6 jumps into a-line.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
nickel wrote:
The only people who care about creekside being closed are either from out of town or park there to access the park. Fitz is the be-all end-all of the park. Simple as that. You'll get over it about 6 jumps into a-line.

But seven year more, part of freight train and some other trail will be closed too..

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 21:37 Quote
Creekside has never been a big draw for me. Neither has TOTW for that matter. I'd much rather stay in the Garbo & Fitz zones. Personally, I think WB tries to promote people to ride Creekside trails to help stimulate businesses at the bottom of the hill.

Posted: Jun 8, 2022 at 22:40 Quote
Creekside is hella over rated. Build an a-line #2 there or some actual tech trails then we’ll talk. So much work was done over there for greens and light blues

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
joe1989 wrote:
Creekside is hella over rated. Build an a-line #2 there or some actual tech trails then we’ll talk. So much work was done over there for greens and light blues

You don’t consider Miss Fire to delayed Fuse to BC Trail actual tech?

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
Any chance Garbo opens next week?

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
Rossjiggler619 wrote:

^^^^^????

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
Rossjiggler619 wrote:

None

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 6:10 Quote
Rossjiggler619 wrote:
Highly doubt it

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 6:15 Quote
Hey guys, anyone knows if bike shops are open on sundays?

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
pablorojas wrote:
Hey guys, anyone knows if bike shops are open on sundays?

Yes.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009666
Mobile Version of Website