The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 10:56 Quote
Rossjiggler619 wrote:
Any chance Garbo opens next week?

You can see the amount of snow left at the top of garbanzo here.... lots of snow

cams.aspxhttps://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/mountain-cams.aspx

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
jpjpj wrote:
Rossjiggler619 wrote:

You can see the amount of snow left at the top of garbanzo here.... lots of snow

cams.aspxhttps://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/mountain-cams.aspx

Thanks man. Just was asking because I haven’t seen anything pushing back their June 11 opening(weather permitting) of Garbo they announced earlier this season

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 14:36 Quote
Rossjiggler619 wrote:
jpjpj wrote:
Rossjiggler619 wrote:

Thanks man. Just was asking because I haven’t seen anything pushing back their June 11 opening(weather permitting) of Garbo they announced earlier this season

They have updated their website to reflect a TBD date for Garbo opening. Tough to get it open when the snowpack was still gaining as of 3 weeks ago. I am guessing at least another month before it opens.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
Checking out the updated trail map. Looks like 7 year more will be open, and new favorite trail Hello Construction Bypass.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 21:20 Quote
Zaeius wrote:
Rossjiggler619 wrote:
jpjpj wrote:

They have updated their website to reflect a TBD date for Garbo opening. Tough to get it open when the snowpack was still gaining as of 3 weeks ago. I am guessing at least another month before it opens.
I’m headed up on the 12 of July. You think it’ll be open then?

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 20:19 Quote
Hello, any recent recommendations for Bike Rental Shop for DH? I am hoping to reserve ahead of time for three days. I'm not rich, but reliability of bike and service is more important to me than price. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 4:20 Quote
alwaysOTB wrote:
Hello, any recent recommendations for Bike Rental Shop for DH? I am hoping to reserve ahead of time for three days. I'm not rich, but reliability of bike and service is more important to me than price. Thanks!

https://www.evolutionwhistler.com/summer The best spot!!

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 11:36 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Zaeius wrote:
Rossjiggler619 wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine. I also assume late opening is to make the new connector for the closure area. The Garbo zone will also be limited as per the map on whistler bike park website.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 15:02 Quote
alanabailey wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Zaeius wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine. I also assume late opening is to make the new connector for the closure area. The Garbo zone will also be limited as per the map on whistler bike park website.

As of today the height of snow at Pig alley at the top of Garbo is 180cms. Going to take a while for that to melt. Like alan said - your guess is as good as mine

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
leelau wrote:
alanabailey wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

As of today the height of snow at Pig alley at the top of Garbo is 180cms. Going to take a while for that to melt. Like alan said - your guess is as good as mine

Now this is just what i overheard in the lift line Sunday, Garbo will be open late June, early July, weather dependent.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
goytay wrote:
leelau wrote:
alanabailey wrote:

Now this is just what i overheard in the lift line Sunday, Garbo will be open late June, early July, weather dependent.

Look for rain and lots of it. That melts stuff out much more than sun. No shortage of that in next few days so that will help

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 20:01 Quote
I am wondering if you'll be able to access Drop In Clinic via Una Moss / Expressway. The bike park map says the Drop In clinic area is not closed, but does not show an access trail.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
I am wondering if you'll be able to access Drop In Clinic via Una Moss / Expressway. The bike park map says the Drop In clinic area is not closed, but does not show an access trail.

When you look at the aerial view, it's just a Open area with Express way in the middle. I don't think that it's gonna be complicated to cross this dirt road to access Drop In Clinic.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:

Yes you will be able to enter via expressway

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
hpman83 wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:

When you look at the aerial view, it's just a Open area with Express way in the middle. I don't think that it's gonna be complicated to cross this dirt road to access Drop In Clinic.

Easiest access is via No Joke after the pump house area after the expressway tunnel

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009683
Mobile Version of Website