The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 22:19 Quote
Odd question about Creekside. I know it is closed but can you still hit the trails and just ride back into town.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
Odd question about Creekside. I know it is closed but can you still hit the trails and just ride back into town.

No. Just like any other construction zone you've ever seen, you are supposed to stay out.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
Any idea when Upper Freight Train/ O Sin/ No Joke is going to be open? I’m headed up next week. Will it be open the following week?

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Any idea when Upper Freight Train/ O Sin/ No Joke is going to be open? I’m headed up next week. Will it be open the following week?

I was up there late yesterday evening. A week before there was 3ft+ of snow on the top of the start of Freight Train but yesterday it looks less than 1ft and ground is showing. O Sin's entrance was clear, but I bet it's muddy AF for the first 150m before it gets to the shale right now. My guess is both will open next week with any luck!

BV -> In Deep -> Lower Freight Train was my Garbo lap of the day even though In Deep was pretty mucky. I think it'll be prime after tthis weekend.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 20:40 Quote
bedell99 wrote:

Nope. Big nope to that.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
haven't been myself but I heard o Sin opened yesterday

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
haven't been myself but I heard o Sin opened yesterday

Yes, bunch of ropes dropped yesterday, O-sin, Goats, Full Blue Velvet, Filthy Ape, Family Cross, Ninja Cougar got buffed post Phat Weds, just waiting for Tatiana now, that's the only lower closure. Crazy short lift lines at Fitz all day for Canada Day. I'm napping today...

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 17:34 Quote
Any idea when 7 Year War or 7 Year More is opening? That’s like one of my favorite trails. You can go fast af on that trail!

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Any idea when 7 Year War or 7 Year More is opening? That’s like one of my favorite trails. You can go fast af on that trail!

Likely closed indefinitely due to the lift construction. That whole side is basically off limits

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
nickel wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Likely closed indefinitely due to the lift construction. That whole side is basically off limits

I keep looking at the bottom of the Big Red area and it is looking impossible to cross through that construction zone. Although they show Hello Construction Bypass on the map, I'm guessing that was a bit too optimistic to put on the map. Maybe after they get the towers up and cable strung but that would take perfect weather and it may not be one of those summers.

Had a look at Uno Moss off the gondi today and they have a machine up there and are getting it cleared. You are allowed to take bikes up now but you have to ride down the ski trail.

Also, the Gatorade skills area has some big piles of dirt and machines are getting after it. Hope they build as many features as there are Gatorade signs! Big Grin

Lastly, they gave Family Cross a rest and took advantage of the rain to do some grooming on the shark fin and berm after. V1 was fun but that berm couldn't take the abuse.

Still waiting for upper lower middle section of Blue Velvet to open, i.e. the section with the wood berm.

At 5 minutes till 8 tonight you could still have any sweep card you wanted on Fitz, I think a couple people may have eventually showed up. Love it when the mountain is deserted.

Uno Mess
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
What’s the best trails to ride after rain near Whistler/Squamish?

It rained a bunch yesterday, and looks like a drizzly day today, any suggestions on what trails would still be good riding today? Rupert/Alice Lake?

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
Whistler - Howler, Business Time

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
nickel wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

That can’t be true because that trail isn’t on the Creekside zone. It’s just at the bottom of Upper Freight Train.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
unrooted wrote:
What’s the best trails to ride after rain near Whistler/Squamish?

It rained a bunch yesterday, and looks like a drizzly day today, any suggestions on what trails would still be good riding today? Rupert/Alice Lake?

All the Alice Lake slab trails are cool in the rain.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
Most of Pemberton is actually better when it rains too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017637
Mobile Version of Website