The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 16:11 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
nickel wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Any idea when 7 Year War or 7 Year More is opening? That’s like one of my favorite trails. You can go fast af on that trail!

Likely closed indefinitely due to the lift construction. That whole side is basically off limits
That can’t be true because that trail isn’t on the Creekside zone. It’s just at the bottom of Upper Freight Train.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/-/aemasset/sitecore/whistler-blackcomb/maps/20220511_WB_WMBP-Trail-Map_003.pdf

Not hard to look at the map and see what’s closed

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 3:35 Quote
Hey guys i have question about the twilight pass and bikepark pass.
Is the the 10 days pass working for 10 days consecutive or any 10 days you want? And how does the twilight pass work? Is it worth it and can you take it on the spot?

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
Hey guys i have question about the twilight pass and bikepark pass.
Is the the 10 days pass working for 10 days consecutive or any 10 days you want? And how does the twilight pass work? Is it worth it and can you take it on the spot?

Use it when you want.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
nickel wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Any idea when 7 Year War or 7 Year More is opening? That’s like one of my favorite trails. You can go fast af on that trail!

Likely closed indefinitely due to the lift construction. That whole side is basically off limits
That can’t be true because that trail isn’t on the Creekside zone. It’s just at the bottom of Upper Freight Train.

Big Red chair is getting replaced also. The map is off a bit, you can get back in to lower no joke and hit the rock drop. Not seeing how they will be able to open Top of the World either until Big Red towers and cable are up. There is a chance though, sounds like they are able to reuse a lot of the tower foundations.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
nickel wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Whatever you say champ.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
One thing that can be said after a couple weeks here is, no one is complaining.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:

I know right? All these concerns about this or that individual trail being closed... Whistler is literally an embarrassment of riches.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
nickel wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Yeah, nickel doesn't know anything about the bike park...

If nickel says it, it's true.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
True dat!

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
Upper No-Joke and Freight Train ropes dropping before the end of the weekend?

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
Long shot here, but does anybody have a hotel that allows dogs booked for Crankworx (Aug 5-15) that would want to trade for a loft suite at the Mountainside Lodge? Big room (592sf) with sauna, fireplace, etc about 150m from the lifts.

Kayak said the hotel was dog friendly, but they pulled the information from the other side of the hotel which is managed by a different company. I can cancel, but rates have gone up significantly since we booked.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
pistolpete47 wrote:
Long shot here, but does anybody have a hotel that allows dogs booked for Crankworx (Aug 5-15) that would want to trade for a loft suite at the Mountainside Lodge? Big room (592sf) with sauna, fireplace, etc about 150m from the lifts.

Kayak said the hotel was dog friendly, but they pulled the information from the other side of the hotel which is managed by a different company. I can cancel, but rates have gone up significantly since we booked.

Yikes, shitty situation. Good luck!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:03 Quote
pistolpete47 wrote:

If you can't find anyone to do the swap, maybe there's a local dog sitter who can take care of your dog while you're in town?

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 16:27 Quote
Now that things are getting back to normal after all the COVID restrictions, is there anywhere to store bikes overnight? Normally we store them in the condo we rent, but this year we are in a different one and they are very specific about having no bikes in the condo. Is there anywhere that will do overnight storage? I don't mind paying a fee for secure storage, I just don't want to get a big fee tacked onto our condo if they find out we had bikes in it.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
There's a new business doing just that, I've seen them advertising on Facebook, let me find the link...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021526
Mobile Version of Website