The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
I've never had issues with the storage at the Whistler Lodge Hostel year after year - but it's a sea can that is locked. Not sure of your comfort level with that.

The HI hostel in Function also has a decent storage room, inside the building. Probably a bit more secure but staying at WLH is way nicer.

You can lock your bike up within either for additional security.

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
Why’d they open full Freight Train and now it’s closed again? I’m headed up there next week. Will it be open?

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
I'm going to find it hard to believe that they finish the Creekside Gondola and Big Red chairlifts this year after seeing the status of both these lifts when I was there last week. They look hardly done.

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 10:06 Quote
Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 10:23 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Why’d they open full Freight Train and now it’s closed again? I’m headed up there next week. Will it be open?

They saw you coming and decided to close it.

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
Does anyone know when the park closes in the Fall? Seeing if I can plan another trip.

I’ve heard second weekend in October is usually the last time. Can anyone confirm that??

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
Rippedbx wrote:
Does anyone know when the park closes in the Fall? Seeing if I can plan another trip.

I’ve heard second weekend in October is usually the last time. Can anyone confirm that??
thanksgiving monday october 10th

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Spam #3

I apologize for spammimg, please keep a couple eyes out for these missing people. They are relatives of one of my friends.

A friends Cousins. I m going to be spamming the Canadian threads with this please don t kill me... P.S. Not a joke.

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
watch123 wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

They saw you coming and decided to close it.
fr

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
I am starting to plan our father and son trip to Whistler next summer.

I went several times at the beginning of the season and at the end of the season. But with my son I am limited to the 2 months of school break. This summer we went the last week of June and the first week of July, the conditions were good, but the second week the line-up was huge (but yes this summer was not the best for Whistler with Creekside closing).

I'm thinking of going the last two weeks of August next summer.

- Are the flow trails destroyed after the CrankWorx or do they maintain the trails well in this period?
- Are the line-ups normally smaller or is it very similar to the beginning of the season?

Thank you in advance

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 13:03 Quote
jpjpj wrote:

I went several times at the beginning of the season and at the end of the season. But with my son I am limited to the 2 months of school break. This summer we went the last week of June and the first week of July, the conditions were good, but the second week the line-up was huge (but yes this summer was not the best for Whistler with Creekside closing).

- Are the flow trails destroyed after the CrankWorx or do they maintain the trails well in this period?
- Are the line-ups normally smaller or is it very similar to the beginning of the season?

Thank you in advance

Flow trails will definitely be beat up that time of year, and lines ups will be very similar I would imagine. Not the answer you're looking for, sorry! If you stick to Garbo and Creekside a bit more, you won't notice lineups at all... and the tech trails are also super fun, I'd mix it up a bit with the flow trails. It will still be a great time either way!

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
The line ups since crankworx have died off alot this year, it's been pretty chill lately. It hasn't rained in forever and the trails are in rough shape, trail crew is working hard (patched up the berm at the proline/rutebega split on dirt merchant the other day) but there's only so much they can do

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
Saw that the trail crew is hiring, hopefully there are some takers.
Which brings me to Fatcrobat, is it getting a full redo?

Haven't seen/heard anything about the Gatorade area, curious how that's going since I haven't been there since July.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
Saw that the trail crew is hiring, hopefully there are some takers.
Which brings me to Fatcrobat, is it getting a full redo?

Haven't seen/heard anything about the Gatorade area, curious how that's going since I haven't been there since July.

The Gatorade area is rad. It has a nice table top with 2 sets of different style drops. Then need to expand it just a bit more and make a step on step off like Fade to Black to really make it next level.

Erik

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 17:16 Quote
Like mentioned the trails are usually pretty beat up but trail crews do work hard after crankworx.
Unfortunately you are still coming during “summer vacation” and usually still pretty busy.
Sorry.
jpjpj wrote:

Thank you in advance

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010726
Mobile Version of Website