The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 20:02 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Might be talking about the new fatcrobat rebuild, it's awesome

Will probably never ride lower In Deep again. So fun to ride a fresh trail.

Trail crew has been out trying to fill in some A-Line berm holes and put the rocks back in the last O-Sin rock line riders left was treacherous.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Zaeius wrote:
dirtpedaler wrote:
They did gift us at least one something new on the mountain for the last week.

What is that?

Awww man! We rode right there yesterday and said "nah, let's stay on In Deep". Balls.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
If this weather continues is there any possibility of an extended season? Assuming no with general maintenance schedules and staff concerns, but doesnt hurt to ask.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
If this weather continues is there any possibility of an extended season? Assuming no with general maintenance schedules and staff concerns, but doesnt hurt to ask.

I don't know either, but would also assume no... they have to take the bike racks off the lifts, get ready for winter, etc. I'd be happy to have an extended season though, one more whistler trip would be great.

Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 16:26 Quote
Not going to happen

Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 16:46 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
xTwoSnakesx wrote:

I don't know either, but would also assume no... they have to take the bike racks off the lifts, get ready for winter, etc. I'd be happy to have an extended season though, one more whistler trip would be great.
You are correct. Maintenance starts just like in the spring before the park opens. Everyone moans about the ski hill closing but it’s due to maintenancez

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 22:08 Quote
Hello Whistler Bike Park. You should keep the park open for another week, because the more you think about it, the more it just seems like a really good idea, because you might not have another opportunity like this, once in a lifetime you don’t want to miss out, and is something you want to do because it will make people happy, and making people happy makes you feel good and people will think you are a hero. Many thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
There have been a number of closing weekends in shorts and T-shirt’s. It usually rains and snows a week later Smile

Posted: Oct 11, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
Day after close of park, recovering and reminiscing after a solid week. Wanted to give a big thanks to the trail crew for the work they did for the final few days. Many may not have noticed but I did. One good example is the Osin last rock roll, the chasm that had formed on my preferred riders left line was truly treacherous. Had to pull up a photo from 2007 to remember what it once looked like. Still can't get it up on the wall like I used to, needs a couple more rocks in the first part, but at least it's doable now. Thanks for putting those rocks back in there!

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Zaeius wrote:
dirtpedaler wrote:
They did gift us at least one something new on the mountain for the last week.

What is that?

Oooh Fatcrobat rebuild, what's it like? Refresh of OG line or something new?

Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Oooh Fatcrobat rebuild, what's it like? Refresh of OG line or something new?

Christina and Tom were up there, I assume working on a story about it, looking forward to that.

All that's left of the original line is the first bit with the ladder drop and then it goes all new fall line slab loam slab loam.... then an awkward entrance to the good old log ride. I will say the pucker factor has increased exponentially. I did say we were done with lower In Deep but turns out we did go back and do a bunch of laps as it suddenly became easier and we got tired of all the people stopped on Fatcrobat.

Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
Going through some old photos, could this be Crabs back in 2007?

Back when there was a nice jump here.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 16:28 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
Going through some old photos, could this be Crabs back in 2007?

Back when there was a nice jump here.
thinking old creek gap at the bottom of dirt merchant. hard to tell from the angle

Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
todayisthegreatest wrote:
thinking old creek gap at the bottom of dirt merchant. hard to tell from the angle

That makes sense, my 12 year old said Dirt Merchant, I'm not even sure if Crabs existed back then. Creek gap before it was wood was a big deal.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
todayisthegreatest wrote:

That makes sense, my 12 year old said Dirt Merchant, I'm not even sure if Crabs existed back then. Creek gap before it was wood was a big deal.
i remember riding crabapples back then,tiny compared to now.
they were around in 2002 anyways go to 5:53

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023208
Mobile Version of Website