The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 21:29 Quote
Deanobruce wrote:
calicartel wrote:
davecheng wrote:
It's been many years since I've bought a WBP pass. Does anyone know if the Twilight Pass -- currently CA$360 -- will go up in price later on in the season?

Goes up on June 9th

Do you know what the prices go up to? I can't find any info about it.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/bike-park-passes.aspx

half way down the page…regular pricing

Posted: Jun 8, 2023 at 15:28 Quote
Deanobruce wrote:
calicartel wrote:
davecheng wrote:
It's been many years since I've bought a WBP pass. Does anyone know if the Twilight Pass -- currently CA$360 -- will go up in price later on in the season?

Goes up on June 9th

Do you know what the prices go up to? I can't find any info about it.
It’s on the whistler bike park website under passes 5 day / 10 day / season pass
Under BIKE PARK SEASON PASSES
Book by June 9, 2023 for the best price.

Posted: Jun 8, 2023 at 15:29 Quote
Adult (19+) $750
($875 Regular) $575
($630 Regular) $360
($390 Regular) $360
($390 Regular)
Teen (13-1Cool $665
($765 Regular) $515
($565 Regular) $325
($350 Regular) $360
($390 Regular)
Senior (65+) $665
($765 Regular) $515
($565 Regular) $325
($350 Regular) $360
($390 Regular)
Child (5-12) $440
($515 Regular) $340
($380 Regular) $215
($230 Regular) $360
($390 Regular)
BONUS OFFERS† 1 Bring A Friend
1 Top of the World Ticket
1 Bonus Ticket
1 Bonus Ticket 1 Bonus Ticket

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 11:18 Quote
I'm coming to whistler in August on my honeymoon... Any recommendations for a guide for a day?

I ride red/black UK and Alps- Morzine and Les Arcs and lots of off-piste in the UK. My wife rides blues and some easy reds. She probably wouldn't come on the guide trip and just do laps on bike park whilst I'm away

Hoping to find some cool single track/Northshore off the beaten track with a guide, then have 2 days at the bike park planned- (booked an uplift)

Any pointers with guides or areas much appreciated!

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 11:53 Quote
I've had 2 experiences with Ride BC, and James is awesome. Based out of Squamish, but will also do North Shore, Whistler, Pemberton, etc. Also a local trail builder and contributor.

https://www.ridebc.ca/mountain-bike-guided-rides-tours-squamish

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 8:31 Quote
Hello everyone, I will be visiting Whistler for the first time in my life in mid-July. I would like to ask for recommendations regarding spare parts to bring and the expected wear, especially on tires and brake pads.
I will be riding in the park for 20 days. My bike is a Trek Slash 29er with 160mm in the front and 150mm in the rear.
Currently, I have the original Bontrager SE4 2x60 tires installed. The front tire is practically new, but the rear tire has some slight wear in the center. Should I replace the rear tire in advance or bring a spare tire?

On another note, a friend who went last year strongly recommended using cushhcores. In that case, should I install them on both the front and rear tires, or mainly on the rear wheel, which is the one that could suffer the most punishment?

I apologize for the length, but honestly, I want to minimize any mechanical problems.

Thank you very much!

Goyo

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 8:48 Quote
goyoumf wrote:
Hello everyone, I will be visiting Whistler for the first time in my life in mid-July. I would like to ask for recommendations regarding spare parts to bring and the expected wear, especially on tires and brake pads.
I will be riding in the park for 20 days. My bike is a Trek Slash 29er with 160mm in the front and 150mm in the rear.
Currently, I have the original Bontrager SE4 2x60 tires installed. The front tire is practically new, but the rear tire has some slight wear in the center. Should I replace the rear tire in advance or bring a spare tire?

On another note, a friend who went last year strongly recommended using cushhcores. In that case, should I install them on both the front and rear tires, or mainly on the rear wheel, which is the one that could suffer the most punishment?

I apologize for the length, but honestly, I want to minimize any mechanical problems.

Thank you very much!

Goyo

Brake pads, spare rear tire but no need to replace just yet. A grippier front spare tire just in case it rains as the SE4 is fine dry but perhaps a bit lacking for wet (ymmv). Cush core for rear is nice to have but not always necessary. Again ymmv

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 10:03 Quote
goyoumf wrote:

Thank you very much!

Goyo

For sure a spare derailleur hangar.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 11:39 Quote
goyoumf wrote:

Thank you very much!

Goyo

Basically you need spare brake pads, derailleur hanger, you can add derailleur cable and brake bleeding kit. Whistler is pretty dry in July and depending of your riding style a cush core on your rear tire can help. I made my own cush core with some pipe foam it does the job.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 17:01 Quote
goyoumf wrote:

Thank you very much!

Goyo

visiting the same time as Crankworx...thats a bold move Blank Stare

get DH or double down casing tires for the park...use you other tires for the valley trails

lots of ways to replace broken/worn out stuff in the village

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 8:42 Quote
So whats everyones thoughts on the new creekside trails?

The loamers are sick! Really enjoying the fresh tech.

Pretty disappointed with insomnia, I thought there would be a proper jump trail. Feels like Whistler is falling behind when comparing to the UK and Euro bike parks and even here in BC with Revy stepping it up and some other parks with newer and bigger jump lines. Watching video all winter of Dyfi bike park and the huge jump line at Revolution bike park had me hoping for a lot more from Insomnia.

Still pretty stoked on creekside. Free parking and no lines!

Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
Anyone have any beta on what's running well outside the park right now? Arriving Thurs and leaving Monday. My wife and I typically visit later in the season when more trails are open. Our go-tos of LOTS, dark Crystal, etc are closed until July. She walks one slab on dark crystal but rides the rest. Anything harder would be out of her wheelhouse. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 11:33 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
So whats everyones thoughts on the new creekside trails?

The loamers are sick! Really enjoying the fresh tech.

Pretty disappointed with insomnia, I thought there would be a proper jump trail. Feels like Whistler is falling behind when comparing to the UK and Euro bike parks and even here in BC with Revy stepping it up and some other parks with newer and bigger jump lines. Watching video all winter of Dyfi bike park and the huge jump line at Revolution bike park had me hoping for a lot more from Insomnia.

Still pretty stoked on creekside. Free parking and no lines!

Creekside was super fun when I was there. I did think Insomnia was a bit weird how there was like 6 jumps at the top and then none for the rest of the trail... but I wouldn't say Whistler is falling behind necessarily, they were just so far ahead that other parks are catching up. Still have A-line, dirt merch, crab apple, if you wanna go big. I do wish there was more trails on creekside that didn't require riding a bunch of blue flow trails to get there. But overall, trails there were sweet and got a bunch of laps in on that side. Was fun to be riding different trails in Whistler!

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 13:22 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Anyone have any beta on what's running well outside the park right now? Arriving Thurs and leaving Monday. My wife and I typically visit later in the season when more trails are open. Our go-tos of LOTS, dark Crystal, etc are closed until July. She walks one slab on dark crystal but rides the rest. Anything harder would be out of her wheelhouse. Thanks!

With the damp weather I'd check out all the cheakamus ones especially highside, after hours and ampm.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2023 at 15:34 Quote
Wasn't much of a fan of most of the new stuff. Maybe just needs to bed in but Odesa was full of massive puddles and holes, very tight, no line choice and no interesting features. Spingnar and Call me maybe werent bad for blue tech, but still not as interesting as the fitz zone blue tech.And yeah, you have to ride a lot of Bengal Bear which is pretty shit to get to them.

I'll try them out again once they've dried out and worn in a bit, but so far, no impressed.

BC Trail has gotten shorter again, which is a bit sad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024404
Mobile Version of Website