PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 11:58 Quote
Rippedbx wrote:
bishopsmike wrote:
Rippedbx wrote:
Crankworx weekend at Whistler??
I accidentally booked flights to ride Whistler for 3 days during Crankworx. I’m super bummed I didn’t see it before booking.
Are a bunch of trails closed during it? I’d imagine lift lines would be longer too.

Anyone have any insight of what it would be like riding there that weekend?

Are you only looking at the bike park, or interested in riding non-lift serviced trails?

Just bike park stuff. Probably not interested in watching crankworx there. Just want as much riding as possible.

There is lots of trails to ride during crankworx still...its just the all the extra people it brings in that crowds to the lift lines.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2024 at 14:38 Quote
Rippedbx wrote:
Crankworx weekend at Whistler??
I accidentally booked flights to ride Whistler for 3 days during Crankworx. I’m super bummed I didn’t see it before booking.
Are a bunch of trails closed during it? I’d imagine lift lines would be longer too.

Anyone have any insight of what it would be like riding there that weekend?

I was there last year and it was fine. Uploading on the gondy out of the village was a mess, but Garbo and Creekside were more or less walk on to the lift all day.

Should be somewhat better this year with Fitz chair back online and running with increased capacity.

Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 13:46 Quote
So what's new for 2024 at Whistler. We know we getting a new Fitzsimons. Any new trails or changes?

Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 19:43 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
So what's new for 2024 at Whistler. We know we getting a new Fitzsimons. Any new trails or changes?

Heard they're getting rid of A-Line and Dirt Merchant. Some new green trails in their place

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 20:21 Quote
watch123 wrote:
bedell99 wrote:

Heard they're getting rid of A-Line and Dirt Merchant. Some new green trails in their place

That would be impossible. Vail Resorts would lose tons of money from riders not bothering to go to Whistler (good for me and line ups) and Youtube would see a massive decrease in MTB videos being uploaded.

I just checked and still no prices on passes... but they're saying they're opening in just a little over a month.

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 4:56 Quote
chrisrobin wrote:
watch123 wrote:
bedell99 wrote:

That would be impossible. Vail Resorts would lose tons of money from riders not bothering to go to Whistler (good for me and line ups) and Youtube would see a massive decrease in MTB videos being uploaded.

I just checked and still no prices on passes... but they're saying they're opening in just a little over a month.

Clearly my sarcasm wasn't properly sent over the internet...

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 8:13 Quote
Watch123, I think this was sarcasm at its finest. Aline and DM would never go away.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 14:16 Quote
watch123 wrote:
chrisrobin wrote:
watch123 wrote:

Oh I got it. Just tried to double down on the sarcasm suggesting half the riders in Whistler are on Aline and DM, and then suggesting the vast majority of Whistler riding videos on Youtube are about Aline and DM.

I guess it didn't work.

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 18:38 Quote
chrisrobin wrote:
watch123 wrote:
chrisrobin wrote:

Oh I got it. Just tried to double down on the sarcasm suggesting half the riders in Whistler are on Aline and DM, and then suggesting the vast majority of Whistler riding videos on Youtube are about Aline and DM.

I guess it didn't work.

Ahh, clearly pre coffee me didn't get it, ahaha, my apologies

Posted: Apr 12, 2024 at 8:06 Quote
Checked in pass prices, 2024 prices are stated at $789. And last years is still posted as $875. No mention of early prices etc for this season. So did the pass decrease in price?

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 17:39 Quote
WBP passes are up

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/bike-park-passes.aspx

adult pricing
2023 season pass $750 (no Fitz last yr)

2024 $789

10 day pass $30 increase
5 day pass and twilight $19 increase

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 21:45 Quote
makes 2024 seem like a deal? only $39 more and there was no fitz last year?

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 22:53 Quote
timvan wrote:
makes 2024 seem like a deal? only $39 more and there was no fitz last year?

well we didn’t get a discount last season and they knew there was no fitz chair…good deal for early bird special…extra 1 day pass and totw ticket

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 7:57 Quote
Hello everyone,

I will be going on a road trip in the Canadian Rockies at the end of May, and I am planning to spend a full day mountain biking (whether eMTB or not) during my drive from Calgary to Vancouver. I would like to know which place between Kamloops, Whistler, and Squamish you recommend for the best trails that are fun to ride (intermediate level) and have beautiful scenery/views.

Coming from Europe, I have always dreamed of biking in British Columbia, so I really want to make the most out of my day in the best possible place!

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 8:43 Quote
ducteddy wrote:
Hello everyone,

I will be going on a road trip in the Canadian Rockies at the end of May, and I am planning to spend a full day mountain biking (whether eMTB or not) during my drive from Calgary to Vancouver. I would like to know which place between Kamloops, Whistler, and Squamish you recommend for the best trails that are fun to ride (intermediate level) and have beautiful scenery/views.

Coming from Europe, I have always dreamed of biking in British Columbia, so I really want to make the most out of my day in the best possible place!

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers

A lot of the most beautiful scenery/views are up in the alpine, which may not be free of snow that early in the year: Revelstoke Resort, Frisby Ridge, etc. You might have the best luck closer to Vancouver/Squamish area. Vancouver Island & Cumberland is incredible for intermediates if you have the time for the ferry rides, etc.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015742
Mobile Version of Website