The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
I'd rather overshoot than case, actually...
overshoot you just land on groomed almost flat... you case, you land on concrete blocks and rocks and shit.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 21:42 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
I'd rather overshoot than case, actually...
overshoot you just land on groomed almost flat... you case, you land on concrete blocks and rocks and shit.
Good point. I bet the chances of casing something like that would be pretty low though, at least for me, because I'd be scared shitless and go warp speed off of that.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
I'd rather overshoot than case, actually...
overshoot you just land on groomed almost flat... you case, you land on concrete blocks and rocks and shit.
Good point. I bet the chances of casing something like that would be pretty low though, at least for me, because I'd be scared shitless and go warp speed off of that.
I'm the opposite:PI'd probally go super fast then chicken out and jump off my bike:P

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
Well they build it super smooth and awesome... pretty sure 90% of it you just roll through after you get the right speed at the beginning.
Most GOOD trails/jumps/etc are like that.
Super nice and flowy, so you can concentrate on the tricks and style instead of getting that extra couple inches for the landing.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 23:47 Quote
can't wait to see those jumps... when they want to finish slopestyle course?

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
i'm going june 20th so i'll get some boneyard pictures

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 7:54 Quote
stp124 wrote:
i'm going june 20th so i'll get some boneyard pictures

Picutres of people riding the boneyard, or you.. if its people just go during crankworx or air afair, maybe air aprentice

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 8:08 Quote
anthonybmxer wrote:
stp124 wrote:
i'm going june 20th so i'll get some boneyard pictures

Picutres of people riding the boneyard, or you.. if its people just go during crankworx or air afair, maybe air aprentice
just the almost finished or mabey its done jumps and ladders

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 8:15 Quote
Hey om going up this coming monday!!!!! Anyone else.

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
johhnylaroux wrote:
Hey om going up this coming monday!!!!! Anyone else.
I'm going up too on monday

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
anthonybmxer wrote:
stp124 wrote:
i'm going june 20th so i'll get some boneyard pictures

Picutres of people riding the boneyard, or you.. if its people just go during crankworx or air afair, maybe air aprentice

Anthony lets head up to whistler soon budz i really wanna ride the jumps and air dome on my new bike, do you still have your dually? why are you selling it?

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
Are they going to build a load of useless shit that no-one uses at Slopestyle again this year?

3556150

3556150


This photo indicates yes.

While I am ripping into a dirt jumping legend, I'll say that I do not envy John Cowan in having to do this, it must be damn difficult to include creativity and line choice as well as catering for the latest foam-pittery magic of the world's best big-BMX riders.

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Are they going to build a load of useless shit that no-one uses at Slopestyle again this year?

3556150

3556150


This photo indicates yes.

While I am ripping into a dirt jumping legend, I'll say that I do not envy John Cowan in having to do this, it must be damn difficult to include creativity and line choice as well as catering for the latest foam-pittery magic of the world's best big-BMX riders.

its not useless alot of people use it and stuff. so if ur a dirt jumping legend you will proly like riding that stuff too

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
What are the usual mid-july temperatures for whistler?

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
What are the usual mid-july temperatures for whistler?
high 30's I would imagine, couple days up in to the low 40's


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007848
Mobile Version of Website