The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 at 23:10 Quote
Bingo. I also gave out my phone number to reduce thread clutter.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 0:31 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
PB private messages please...I don't need to read about this and get updates in my dashboard every 5 minutes

get over yourself

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 0:58 Quote
i'll be riding the park tomorrow, blue glory, blue tld pants and a tld helmet with a visor thats broken in half...say something to me if you want to do a few laps

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:27 Quote
No riding for me today.
peace dudes.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 9:32 Quote
any younger rippers down for a few laps on sunday? me and my bro are goni together so yeaaah

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 10:21 Quote
so im going to whistler in just over a week and are there any other bike to rent other than the Konas? if so which would you reccomend, although i know its personal preferance. really i'd like a more downhill geo bike than a stinky, something a bit slacker and lower and longer

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 11:38 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
so im going to whistler in just over a week and are there any other bike to rent other than the Konas? if so which would you reccomend, although i know its personal preferance. really i'd like a more downhill geo bike than a stinky, something a bit slacker and lower and longer
There are flatlines and there are giants and alines. They are hard to find except for the flatlines which I don't like riding. Too small for me.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 13:38 Quote
well im on a 2010 giant glory now and love it, so that could be one to go for. any particular shop? i guess these will be 09 Giants?

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 13:39 Quote
if they're too hard to find which bike would be the best bet for a good ride

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:

fanatyco for norcos
evolution for demos
summit for rocky mountain
g1 for kona

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
demostug wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:

fanatyco for norcos
evolution for demos
summit for rocky mountain
g1 for kona
ive never ridden any of those, any suggestions? i would probably go for a demo out of that list

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 16:08 Quote
I am sure there is a giant shop at whistler. You would have to find it though. Konas feel good but sometimes they give you broken ones. Rental bikes scare me. My friend rented a "bike" and he blew the shock, blew the seals in the fork, lost his back brake, AND bent the rims. He didn't even crash!

Make good sure you get the warrenty for the bike you rent.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
i would take my own bike but it's just hastle coming from the UK, it's easier to rent. i will probably go for the demo from evolution

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
i would take my own bike but it's just hastle coming from the UK, it's easier to rent. i will probably go for the demo from evolution
I came from germany, so the way was not shorter than yours and I brought my own bike!! I'll tell you: take your own bike! I had to pay 20€ extra for my bike, not that much. Put it in a bag or a 'bike-box' (don't know the right word I'm looking for)!!
And it's really great, 'cause you can put some of your other stuff you have (shoes, towels or whatever)!
It's really not a big deal. And to rent a bike in Whistler is expensive!
Just my opinion Wink
Oh and I bought a bike last week here, so when I'm going back to Germany next year, I have to take 2 bikes with me, doesn't make it easier =D

Greetz, Patricia

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 23:33 Quote
paddi wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
I came from germany, so the way was not shorter than yours and I brought my own bike!! I'll tell you: take your own bike! I had to pay 20€ extra for my bike, not that much. Put it in a bag or a 'bike-box' (don't know the right word I'm looking for)!!
And it's really great, 'cause you can put some of your other stuff you have (shoes, towels or whatever)!
It's really not a big deal. And to rent a bike in Whistler is expensive!
Just my opinion Wink
Oh and I bought a bike last week here, so when I'm going back to Germany next year, I have to take 2 bikes with me, doesn't make it easier =D

Greetz, Patricia
Views: 67,611    Faves: 508    Comments: 78

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017878
Mobile Version of Website