The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
i would take my own bike but it's just hastle coming from the UK, it's easier to rent. i will probably go for the demo from evolution

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
melonhead1145 wrote:
i would take my own bike but it's just hastle coming from the UK, it's easier to rent. i will probably go for the demo from evolution
I came from germany, so the way was not shorter than yours and I brought my own bike!! I'll tell you: take your own bike! I had to pay 20€ extra for my bike, not that much. Put it in a bag or a 'bike-box' (don't know the right word I'm looking for)!!
And it's really great, 'cause you can put some of your other stuff you have (shoes, towels or whatever)!
It's really not a big deal. And to rent a bike in Whistler is expensive!
Just my opinion Wink
Oh and I bought a bike last week here, so when I'm going back to Germany next year, I have to take 2 bikes with me, doesn't make it easier =D

Greetz, Patricia

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 23:33 Quote
paddi wrote:
melonhead1145 wrote:
I came from germany, so the way was not shorter than yours and I brought my own bike!! I'll tell you: take your own bike! I had to pay 20€ extra for my bike, not that much. Put it in a bag or a 'bike-box' (don't know the right word I'm looking for)!!
And it's really great, 'cause you can put some of your other stuff you have (shoes, towels or whatever)!
It's really not a big deal. And to rent a bike in Whistler is expensive!
Just my opinion Wink
Oh and I bought a bike last week here, so when I'm going back to Germany next year, I have to take 2 bikes with me, doesn't make it easier =D

Greetz, Patricia
Views: 66,736    Faves: 509    Comments: 78

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 1:45 Quote
yes ive seen this video, and i do want to take my bike. we'll see

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 9:11 Quote
After watching the SS comp(and sneaking up to scope the jumps from on top of them) and seeing how big those things are... I'm starting to think they should scale them back a bit. A solid chunk of riders straight aired the judges booth gap. Semenuk and the claw both knocked themselves out of the comp on the final booter. Top places should go to the people who bust out the best tricks and have style, not to the few guys who can actually complete the course. That said, guys like mike still throw down HARD so maybe we just need better riders lol.
2 cents

/discuss

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 10:36 Quote
mike is the man! that whip off the tower was huuuge, definately deserved second

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
I'm really glad that Cam Zink got first. He definitely deserved it!

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 11:01 Quote
now that cams finally healthy he puts up scores

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 11:09 Quote
Ya I had no idea that he could front flip, nevermind on one of the biggest airs of the course!

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
Anyone have any info on this? New Trek demo-look alike I saw yesterday.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
trek must be joking, thats pretty much the FSR link right there, i was convinced they thought their floating pivot link was "the best"

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
brandonf wrote:
I'm really glad that Cam Zink got first. He definitely deserved it!
I'm stoked that Groves got third, he was killin' it. This is definitelly going to get some media attention from that.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 13:52 Quote
corsair711 wrote:
Anyone have any info on this? New Trek demo-look alike I saw yesterday.
Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeet! So sex

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
its not fsr. it still uses the floating shock i saw it. the rear triangle looks the same as a demo but it compresses the shock at both ends

its somthing like that, its not exact but it gives you the idea

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
i said it pretty much is the FSR the rear end looks similar. Doesn't look as good as the 09 session, that thing was sick

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.019164
Mobile Version of Website