The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 7, 2010 at 22:28 Quote
brandonf wrote:
Would anyone here happen to be going to whistler in the next couple weeks and be willing to take an extra person? I will pay gas money
I'm heading up for the 18th (if I can get a ride from someone in the group that I'd be going with)

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 at 22:33 Quote
What do you people believe is the easiest jump trail to hardest jump trail. I think it goes like.

bline - ciu - blue velvet - sidetrack - aline - freight train - DM - D1 - boneyard!

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 at 22:52 Quote
nosirrom wrote:
What do you people believe is the easiest jump trail to hardest jump trail. I think it goes like.

bline - ciu - blue velvet - sidetrack - aline - freight train - DM - D1 - boneyard!

Why does it matter?
DM is easier than freight train though. Also you forgot crab hits.

Posted: Sep 7, 2010 at 23:17 Quote
bonkfisher5 wrote:
nosirrom wrote:

Why does it matter?
DM is easier than freight train though. Also you forgot crab hits.
It matters to me. yea....
I did forget crabapple hits. I have only ridden dm once and I thought it was harder than freight train.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 14:41 Quote
freight train is harder than DM, also you forgot Crank It Up/Heart of Darkness

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 15:06 Quote
ciu is crank it up. And heart of darkness has two jumps and is right after ciu so it does not count.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
ah sorry. and i guess your right about HoD.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 15:11 Quote
And you are probably right about Dirt Merchant and Freight Train.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
it depends really what you ride, Freight Train is more downhill than DM, and DM is more like a iguess you would call a bike park trail. The only slightly hard bit in DM is the step up after the drop, first run down that caught me out and i mega cased it, second run i was fine.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 16:29 Quote
The trails are designed to not be overly difficult. I'd say Dirt Merchant is harder than Freight Train, because I can't think of a single mandatory drop (or gap for that matter) on Freight Train, and Dirt Merchant has that 3 footer before the Step Up.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 17:35 Quote
Has anyone here gapped over that drop like in Follow Me? Looks pretty scary and high consequence if you clip the drop bad though

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 21:02 Quote
Has anyone riden fade to black? thoughts?

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 23:14 Quote
nope. If it is in the bike park then I have not found it yet. "yet"

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 23:49 Quote
Heres a video off Laurence-CE's profile

Views: 5,122    Faves: 44    Comments: 21

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 at 8:08 Quote
Wow. No, the last time I was up there the trail guys were still building. That trail looks exciting!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018152
Mobile Version of Website