Noise at top of 66 rcv

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Noise at top of 66 rcv
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 1, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
so i got a demo 7 1 with that stock 66 rcv. when i compress it and it rebounds, it clicks at the top like something hard is hitting on something else. when i compress a buddies, it doesn't make a sound. will this go away when it breaks in? what do you all think?

O+
Posted: May 1, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
it's topping out
the rebound is too fast or the oil is too light
there could possibly be a damper or a stopper or something loose or missing as well

Posted: May 2, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
thanks. ill check that out.

Posted: May 3, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
did you find the reason why that happened? cause i have a 66 rcv as well but i've ridden on it for almost a year now and it still does that, it didn't make that noise when i first got it thoughh......???

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 2:11 Quote
ive got a demo 7 aswell and mine make a big click sound aswell, so does my mates.

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
J-man-jenks wrote:
ive got a demo 7 aswell and mine make a big click sound aswell, so does my mates.

so maybe this is normal??

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
mine dose too..
pisses me off i dont like my bike makeing weird noises lol.
so ima go to the shop and talk to then
btw its a 08 66 rcv 1month old.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
I've got a demo7 1 2008 with a 1.5" RCV and it makes the same loud creaking sound under really heavy front breaking (like an endo on concrete). If I then stand it up and bounce it on the back wheel the same noise comes from the fork. This probably means the 1.5” head tube on the fork is moving slightly in crown due to an improper fit. A friend with the same fork on a Giant Glory FR has the same problem, so it’s definitely the fork. A guy at Bromont with the same bike (and problem) as me told me this was an issue Marzocchi knows about and is supposed to fix. It’s not dangerous but is annoying as you’d expect a 4000$ bike to run smooth (not like a creaky old ship). As for the 1-1/8” 66, I haven’t heard of any making this same creaking noise, so it must be 1.5” specific. We should all write stern letters to Marzocchi demanding justice!... or just deal with the noise till the end of the season, then complain.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
pinktrike wrote:
I've got a demo7 1 2008 with a 1.5" RCV and it makes the same loud creaking sound under really heavy front breaking (like an endo on concrete). If I then stand it up and bounce it on the back wheel the same noise comes from the fork. This probably means the 1.5” head tube on the fork is moving slightly in crown due to an improper fit. A friend with the same fork on a Giant Glory FR has the same problem, so it’s definitely the fork. A guy at Bromont with the same bike (and problem) as me told me this was an issue Marzocchi knows about and is supposed to fix. It’s not dangerous but is annoying as you’d expect a 4000$ bike to run smooth (not like a creaky old ship). As for the 1-1/8” 66, I haven’t heard of any making this same creaking noise, so it must be 1.5” specific. We should all write stern letters to Marzocchi demanding justice!... or just deal with the noise till the end of the season, then complain.

hahaha well i've had a couple problems with mine lately...turns out the noise mine was making while going down runs on whistler, was all in the crappy headset, so i bought a new one and then it worked perfectly, but by the end of the whistler trip, it was making a weird noise again. Anytime i pull up on the front end of my bike right when the travel hits the end of its length (confusing but i dont know how to put it in words) it makes a clanking sound, it did it before but now its magically back........

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
same hear even with the rebound on full slow the rcv is a giant POS

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
Mine does it to

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
they all do it.....just a low quality fork

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
i have a demo 7 with that fork two and the same problem. mine also makes a creaking sound, its annoying, but i kicked my fork and its less noticeable now. I dont know how that worked, but its not as loud anymore haha but i want to upgrade when i get the money

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
it also is not plush enough and i have no compression and negative compression

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
my does it to pisses me off i had 07 66's and they were perfect

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013982
Mobile Version of Website