Any opinions on Camp of Champions? SGC?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Any opinions on Camp of Champions? SGC?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 2, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
I was just wondering if anybody has been to Camp of Champions or SGC. My parents are sending me away on a small vacation with my buddies and we can't decide which one to go to. So if you've been to any of these camps and would like to share your thoughts on them, that would be greatly appreciatedBig Grin

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
Seriously. No one has ever been to either of these camps or even heard anything about them? Bump.

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
I would much rather go to COC, just look at the websites and decide.

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
runner wrote:
I would much rather go to COC, just look at the websites and decide.

I have been studing them well. Any mojor differences between them though?. By what ive read so far, sgc allows you to cut to the front of line up the lift and has alot more stuff just like that. Maybe i missed some stuff in the coc website

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
Oh I didn't know that, Whistler lines are (supposedly, I've never been) so long that skipping them could be a major factor. COC has all osrts of after-riding activities, and COC's signature hotel looks incredible. Both camps have lots of freebies, I know that.

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
http://www.summergravitycamps.com/faq/index.php

Quote taken directy from page^^""

""Q: Can we go the front of the lift-line if the lines are long to board the chair lift?

Yes at SGC we have lift-line priority, which means when the lines are long it does not effect us. We are the only weeklong camp that operates in the bike park that has this perk.""""

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
The lift lines are no big deal except on the weekend. That is why Camp of Champions first day riding is on Sunday. The first day you want to take it mellow and having that little break that is the lift line actually is pretty great. You can ride more than you could ever imagine while you are at COC and after the first day you pretty much roll right on or roll on in less than 5 minutes. Being able to cut the line isn't as big a deal as you'd think. We don't ride on a Saturday if we did... Lift line priority would rule.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 5:08 Quote
People have been asking for a comparison shopping sort of thing on SGC and COC. Here's a link with all the info taken from both sites.
http://www.campofchampions.com/whatyouget/comparebikecamps.aspx

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 3:59 Quote
campofchampions wrote:
People have been asking for a comparison shopping sort of thing on SGC and COC. Here's a link with all the info taken from both sites.

Yeahhhh. COC is so sick, kona bikes suck shit. Eevrything sounds so sick. But the no hot tub/ pools kills it... oh wellCry Big Grin

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
campofchampions wrote:

Yeahhhh. COC is so sick, kona bikes suck shit. Eevrything sounds so sick. But the no hot tub/ pools kills it... oh wellCry Big Grin

We head out to Meadow Park Sport Center every after noon if people want to. Hot tub, pool etc. It's just not private so I didn't think it was fair to list it. I should have put it in after riding activities I guess.
Ken

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 8:45 Quote
uhhh retarded question, is this for biking or skiing?

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
fujative wrote:

Water polo

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
fujative wrote:

Water polo

ohh really? i didnt know they had water polo at COC.
ya learn something new every day

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
fujative wrote:
ohh really? i didnt know they had water polo at COC.
ya learn something new every day

Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet.

Mod
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
COC was originally a ski camp for all the people that did not know and it still exists. They have since ventured out and diversified the services they offered and the COC mountainbike camp was created.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012992
Mobile Version of Website