some tips to help me convince my parents to let me buy a new bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
some tips to help me convince my parents to let me buy a new bike
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
suck it up and buy your own bike like i did.Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Salute

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
yeah, its called a job

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
Tastel wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:
Tastel wrote:
yeah well my igloo recently collapsed, so that cost a lot to get repaired
and the beaver reapriman charged me 500 bucks
so now i cant watch hockey night in canada or drink beer for a while
but i guess lifes hard in canada
at least we have igloos and maple syrup

igloo? as in like the caveman people? or like the icebox. sorry i live in southern california near mexico

it was a joke.
everyone thinks its always snowing here
even though its like really hot in summer 30 degrees celsius

Haha man I live in northern Ontario and people that like 2 hours away from me think we live in igloo's.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, its called a job

If you read it says he has the money his parents just don't want him to spend it.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
ColdVictim65 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, its called a job

If you read it says he has the money his parents just don't want him to spend it.
if i was in that situation i would do it anyway, just say it your money and its your business what to do with it

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
Tell them its your passion and for them not to let you buy is killing your dreams lol

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
bring your parents into the shop and show them the bike you wanna get... just b like.. i wanna show you something, i dont wanna buy anything.

before you go, talk to the mechanic at the shop and if you know the guy tell him to convince your parents you needa new bike. they'll think more of him because he knows his stuff more, thats what they're gonna think. and then they'll start thinking.

i tried that. i showed the bighit i wanted. brand new 2006 model for like 900 dollars. the manager told me not to get it because i "have time later on after i finish school." happens to be sold the next time i went there...

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
ColdVictim65 wrote:
Tastel wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:

igloo? as in like the caveman people? or like the icebox. sorry i live in southern california near mexico

it was a joke.
everyone thinks its always snowing here
even though its like really hot in summer 30 degrees celsius

Haha man I live in northern Ontario and people that like 2 hours away from me think we live in igloo's.

i've never thought of igloos in canada. just a lot of whistler and north shore. igloos are in Antarctica and soon to be non-existent because of global warming. and china. HAHA

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
the reason is my parents r shy to talk to the manager

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
ColdVictim65 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, its called a job

if you could comprehend that he was replying to my quote. you would read that it says he doesn't have the money

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
drew44 wrote:
ColdVictim65 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, its called a job

if you could comprehend that he was replying to my quote. you would read that it says he doesn't have the money

Sorry didn't notice. I thought he was talking to the thread starter.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 2:46 Quote
ColdVictim65 wrote:
drew44 wrote:
ColdVictim65 wrote:

nope, i wasnt, i read his quote, either way yoyu should just do that anyway. im looking for a job especially bike shops, just because i barely have any money and starting to get into bigger jumps, so im gonna get a duallie, i have about a tenth of what i need, so just start saving and just go to bike shops alot, maybe if your only a little bt short your folks'll pitch in

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
ColdVictim65 wrote:
drew44 wrote:

nope, i wasnt, i read his quote, either way yoyu should just do that anyway. im looking for a job especially bike shops, just because i barely have any money and starting to get into bigger jumps, so im gonna get a duallie, i have about a tenth of what i need, so just start saving and just go to bike shops alot, maybe if your only a little bt short your folks'll pitch in
ok i do have a job and i have the money but my parents wont let me

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
keep keep asking them and eventually they will give in.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
-half-pint- wrote:
keep keep asking them and eventually they will give in.

no they wont, they'll just be like..STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT DAM BIKE!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009772
Mobile Version of Website