Megadeth vs Metallica

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Megadeth vs Metallica
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 3, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Megadeth went the path of injecting heroin, and makeing the best metal since Metallica glory days. I think the fact that Dave Mustain was able to make a band out of hate against metallica, and become the better of the two in terms of pure thrash mettal, means that megadeth is better.
Who's better?

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
Never listened to megadeth, I love the old metallica though, the first two albums are sick.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
Megadeth had maybe one album that i can listen to (rust in peace) but it barely compares to all metallica's dominant albums.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
autograph wrote:
Megadeth had maybe one album that i can listen to (rust in peace) but it barely compares to all metallica's dominant albums.
dominant albums? Kill em all, ride the lightning and master of puppets are the only ones reconized as "dominant" albums. The rest are sell out, posser, glam rock ext. Metallica has never dominated Deth since the mid 90s

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
I must agree that it all went downhill with load. But i also gotta say i think that Garage Inc was one of their best aswell.

and one more reason i think metallica is better is their epic ten minute intrumental peices. to live is to die is my favourite song.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 0:45 Quote
not big on the political views with megadeth...but they sound amazing instrumental wise..im gona have to say megadeth (saw them 2 weeks ago). Old metallica stuff was good beofre they sold out and made crap albums

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 7:44 Quote
manikrider27 wrote:
not big on the political views with megadeth...but they sound amazing instrumental wise..im gona have to say megadeth (saw them 2 weeks ago). Old metallica stuff was good beofre they sold out and made crap albums
you make a good point with the political veiws, i think whether you agree with them, or you dont, its nice to see a change in the random lyrics of other metal. (sorry for SP)

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
hard to say..............megadeth Two-Face

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
dude they've done a song togetherConfused

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 6:49 Quote
megadeth all the way

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
they are both overrated but they are awsome all at the same time, megadeth shreds better tho. and mustain wrote alot of metalicas earlyer songs

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
the old metallica definitely, i'm not a big fan of megadeth's stuff, don't get me wrong they are talent, but i'm just not a fan.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
i´d prefer metallica, cus they wrote more music history.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 0:14 Quote
I would say they are nearly equal.

Killing is my Buisiness=Kill'em all

Peace Sells>Ride the Lightning

So far So good So what > Master Of Puppets

Rust in Peace>And Justice for All.

So by my little table of awesome, Megadeth is up by one point, but that does not include their later works,(both Megadeth and Metallica) that IMO all suck. However, add in Garage days (that was absolutly awesome) and you have a tie game. BUT Metallica did not write the songs on Garage Days so they only get a half-point for that, knocking them down to half a point under Megadeth. However, So far, so good, so what, sucked ass by at least half a point behind Master of Puppets bringing things back to a tie game.

They were both great and they both suck now, it'd be easier to decide whether a sharp stick in the eye is better than a dull stick in the eye.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014863
Mobile Version of Website