SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
Saw a Trail Map from 2006 yesterday.

Remember Poo Corners? and Whiskey Jack?

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:08 Quote
Pooh Corners is now LTG... F#kn noob, same place. XB read that Silver Star has more of a crack and hooker problem per Capita than any other resort in Canada. Fact.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:12 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Pooh Corners is now LTG... F#kn noob, same place. XB read that Silver Star has more of a crack and hooker problem per Capita than any other resort in Canada. Fact.

Much less, since the that whole Saloon / Cocaine debacle. Frown

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:46 Quote
"True happiness comes from snorting coke off a hookers ass"

-Dalai Lama

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 13:39 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
Camping up there is cheap and ez and super convenient.$15/night/tent and you get a swipe card for a clean(free) shower/washroom. I like the coffee shop too. Good eats
Fun chill place to ride. Kind of scratching my head with some of the building and trail maintenance though. Lower walk the line is a bit ridiculous. I can get thru a couple jumps after the log boner but then you either have pedal like crazy or have an engine. I don't see anyone clearing them(maybe a few local pros after pedalling way too much). Same with the last few jumps on rockstar. Love both of those trails(og wtl and new rockstar) and the the way they come together now is pretty cool but I don't see their thinking the way they are now. A few pump bumps below the pave trail on rockstar would help set up for the 3 where the camera was and a pump bump or two would make gapping over the superstar bridge flow better. Seems like it takes a while for them to dial things in. Really like the place but it just seems obvious

Ok so I'm not the only one that couldn't make anything after the jump after the log boner . but everything above that is great. Some of the last jumps wouldn't be so hard to clear if you did not have to clear the one before it for speed. It was wet when I was riding it though I imagine by next year it will be fast and maybe they will make changes to it . I was pretty much doing it chain less so I was pumping like a MF and had no chance and clearing shit haha

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
Hi! Me and my girlfriend are looking for a ride from kamloops to silverstar this weekend!
we came from whistler but we can't follow with the bus (that was the plan...) and our hitchiking atempt have been a huge fail so if you are gonna ride this weekend and have enough place for two persons and two dh bikes that would be awesome! of coure we will pay for the gas!
Thanks in advance!

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 19:47 Quote
Anybody want to ride Silvershack to Beowulf this coming weekend?
I'm not at all fast, climbing and going down.
Know where I'm going just looking to ride safely with some people.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
How's Silver Star riding these days... Coming up from Van for the labour day/closing weekend. Do they run the lifts longer on closing weekend or just 10am-5pm? Crowds?

Bringing my DH bike and thinking about the trail bike for Beowulf but I don't know if my crew is up for that long of a ride as it looks reasonably tech.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
gramboh wrote:
How's Silver Star riding these days... Coming up from Van for the labour day/closing weekend. Do they run the lifts longer on closing weekend or just 10am-5pm? Crowds?

Bringing my DH bike and thinking about the trail bike for Beowulf but I don't know if my crew is up for that long of a ride as it looks reasonably tech.

Things are little dry and punched out .... but what isn't around here. If we get some rain, things would improve significantly.

Pretty sure hours remain the same. 10-5. and 10-730 on Wednesdays and fridays.

Their uplift capacity is huge compared the number of riders they get, "crowds" are a rare occurrence.

Its worth bringing your trail bike. aside from Bay-Wolf, they have some nice XC trails and just outside of the bike park, the Sovereign trail network is super sweet. Bay-Wolf is not at all technical, aside from maybe 3 steep downhill corners ... and the grunty climb out. It really depends on the fitness level of the guys you are riding with....apparently its taking some people upto 7hrs to grind out the 35ish KM loop. Eek

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 16:03 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Things are little dry and punched out .... but what isn't around here. If we get some rain, things would improve significantly.

Pretty sure hours remain the same. 10-5. and 10-730 on Wednesdays and fridays.

Their uplift capacity is huge compared the number of riders they get, "crowds" are a rare occurrence.

Its worth bringing your trail bike. aside from Bay-Wolf, they have some nice XC trails and just outside of the bike park, the Sovereign trail network is super sweet. Bay-Wolf is not at all technical, aside from maybe 3 steep downhill corners ... and the grunty climb out. It really depends on the fitness level of the guys you are riding with....apparently its taking some people upto 7hrs to grind out the 35ish KM loop. Eek

Good info man, thanks. Whistler is as dusty as I've ever seen it so Silver Star can't possibly be worse haha, hopefully some rain comes before next weekend.

I've rode a couple of the newbie XC trails beside the parking lot there before with my wife, fun stuff. My fitness is not great. I did a 30km/1,800m day in the Chilcotins in 3h30m moving time (5h total with food/picture breaks) last week so I feel like I'm at least in the ballpark. More worried about others in the group... but it is good to know it's not technical and more of a grunt.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 16:06 Quote
The Star is probably better now than it was during the BC Cup DH race. so thats a plus.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
Wondering what Silverstar is like during the Canada Cup DH weekend? It's the only weekend my friend has off to ride but I'm worried the park is going to be a gong show. Are the non-race trails and chairlift crazy or are the crowds centered on the race? How early do we need to get there to get a camping spot? Thanks in advance for any info!

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 14:12 Quote
altrey wrote:
Wondering what Silverstar is like during the Canada Cup DH weekend? It's the only weekend my friend has off to ride but I'm worried the park is going to be a gong show. Are the non-race trails and chairlift crazy or are the crowds centered on the race? How early do we need to get there to get a camping spot? Thanks in advance for any info!

Typically it's the busiest weekend of the year. Not sure about camping, best bet is to get there as early as you can.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
altrey wrote:

Typically it's the busiest weekend of the year. Not sure about camping, best bet is to get there as early as you can.

Still not as bad as typical whistler weekend lines

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
efornwald wrote:
freerydscott wrote:
altrey wrote:

Still not as bad as typical whistler weekend lines

This^
The busiest of days a Silver Star is still not bad at all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013597
Mobile Version of Website