SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 12:24 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
efornwald wrote:
freerydscott wrote:

Typically it's the busiest weekend of the year. Not sure about camping, best bet is to get there as early as you can.

Still not as bad as typical whistler weekend lines

This^
The busiest of days a Silver Star is still not bad at all.

Agreed - love the laidback atmosphere at the Star! Thanks for the feedback

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
Last day for early bird pass pricing is Today.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 14:28 Quote
He doesn't hold speed like Bruni...? Yah ok bud! WTF-ever.

Roosting is fast, heres how riding S.S. cudd be.
Phil Atwill is an absolute Beast!!!!

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 14:45 Quote
way faster when he isn't stoned.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 9:47 Quote
Any comment about Silverstar during the summer for a young family? I have boys, 1,4 and 7. I was thinking about coming for 4-5 nights.

It looks like a blast for me, but I'm a bit worried there wont be enough going on otherwise. (no pool is a biggie).

Skills park / pump track? Playgrounds? Anything to explore hauling a chariot?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
lazyname wrote:
Any comment about Silverstar during the summer for a young family? I have boys, 1,4 and 7. I was thinking about coming for 4-5 nights.

It looks like a blast for me, but I'm a bit worried there wont be enough going on otherwise. (no pool is a biggie).

Thanks

It depends on when you'll be out. There are some festivals, races and other fun events going on up there over the summer.

Take a look at their Activities section on the website:
http://www.skisilverstar.com/summer/activities-events

Along with biking and hiking, they have tubing, pony rides, the Gnome Rome etc...
There's a paved path that crosses the mountain that is ideal for pushing a chariot (bring bug spray)

Vernon is a only short drive away. You could always check out the Atlantis Waterslides if you need a day at the pool.
Lots to do around town with little ones too: Davidson's Orchard, the bee farm, O'Keefe Ranch, Starlight Drive-in etc...

You'll have a lot of fun and the kids will too!
Hope that helps Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 14:02 Quote
lazyname wrote:

Thanks

It’s a pretty laid-back village but like already noted some weekends are pretty busy. Some good trails for the 7 year old and maybe 4 yr old. My kids can spend all day on the pump track and skills park (6 and 4). Nice thing is it’s 10’ cooler on the hill when the valley is pushing 35’. Not bad cross mountain path and loop around the knoll for kids. The new gondola opens early July and will open up the option to take a chariot to the top for hiking.

It’s only 20-25 minutes to the lakes or water slides. Staying off mountain could be an option too with the short drive to the the hill but staying on hill can still be great with the odd trip to water.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 14:06 Quote
Thanks, I appreciate the responses.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
YO! SilverStar.

Where are the Bike Park Updates and Early Bonus weekends?

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 16:52 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
YO! SilverStar.

Dude get on their Facebook page. There are all sorts of photo contests, pictures of people shredding and a feeling of excitement as the park nears opening day,. Pinkbike is pretty much stinkbike for the current and happening.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 18:21 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
YO! SilverStar.

Dude get on their Facebook page. There are all sorts of photo contests, pictures of people shredding and a feeling of excitement as the park nears opening day,. Pinkbike is pretty much stinkbike for the current and happening.

Well, they have a website of their own they could update. I don't see why I need to jeopardize my online security, via a third party, so I can get park updates. I will just shoot them an email.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 20:35 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
YO! SilverStar.

Well, they have a website of their own they could update. I don't see why I need to jeopardize my online security, via a third party, so I can get park updates. I will just shoot them an email.

You should just fax them.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 6:59 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

You should just fax them.

Lmao

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 22:17 Quote
Have been riding in Vernon the past week. I know that there are trails at Sovereign that I have not yet ridden. Trailfokrs suggests some of these are open. Anyone know if I should be good for 2+ hours of riding tomorrow in terms of open singletrack? Also, I guess the mountian opens on 23rd which is my last day. Are there trail rides on the Mtn too. Not sure I want to pay for a rental when I already have my trail bike here. Is it like Whistler where you can do relatively more trail oriented rides from the chair/gondolar or is it all DH and jumps once you get up the lift? What does is first lift? I have to be at Kelowna airport around 4 so an hour drive and an hour to pack bike up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014059
Mobile Version of Website