SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
I rode yesterday and it was wet and wild. Did a couple laps on WC and Flow, wet roots! Going back up today and tomorrow.

I grew up on the coast so riding in the rain is almost nostalgic for me.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
JesseE wrote:
This weather is bumming me out! Anyone ride at all yesterday? Wanna get up bad, but the weather seems all over the place.

just ride man. don't listen to the haters. they are just there to hate.

Puddles=fun
biking = fun
biking + puddle = fun

The math adds up....

My list of rainy trails

Big ed - fun when wet
jimmy thing - fun in the rain
fraidy cat - less fun but still fun in the rain
Ellison - not fun in the dry and just as good in the rain
Sovereign - who knows. most likely fun in the rain. less bugs.
Noble - sucks severely when wet unless your just watching. then fun in the wet.
Silver star - good in the rain with fireball.

Just like other things in life they are usually more fun when wet.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Some friends rode there this Am. Said it was fine. A few puddles but fine. I went up just now to see maybe about the xc trails but it was coming down heavily

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
Thanks for the tips, dudes. My local clay based trails are basically off-limits for at least 24h after a good rain unless its windy and hot, so this kinda weather feels like a total downer. Good to know things are better than I expect. Worst case Ill hit up the wall & grassy shit over around Kal lake to sweat off the beer.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
Spring is different because the ground can be saturated. Right now it’s just a little wet

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 20:41 Quote
Thanks for the Bro Science, Jeff-Nye the Science Guy.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
Am I not helpful ?

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 21:24 Quote
Bro Science is highly controversial.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
Trails weren't bad at all after yesterday night's monsoon. Should be the same wet goodness tomorrow. Its just alittle water and mud. Still better than dust and smoke

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 22:06 Quote
Thunderstorm watch tomorrow so expect the chair to be closed.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
SS has new ownership. Positive news on the MTB front as they also own a few Woodward camps and their other resorts have some serious summer offerings.

New slope style course on the silver queen looks rad...but we should probably thank big white for pushing the previous ownership into that.

How’s the fat biking?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
Anyone went to opening day? Heard the lines were crazy and overflow parking was in affect.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:48 Quote
Heard it was busy too. Like busy, busy.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:14 Quote
I heard there was some sort of bullshit gate keeper right at the top as well. Apparently it's a double with a bunch of rocks thrown in the middle. I was told the front one is too damn small so anyone on a full size DH bike has no chance on making it over the whole thing. Not without 1000 pedal stokes after stopping at the top anyway. WTF Silver Star? Just put the proper wood kicker back and let the noobz eat shit as it was meant to be. No wonder everyone is being forced to go E, you would need pedal strokes and boooost to make that kind of crap.

Heard the lineups were long with the new zig-zaggy setup to keep people in two's. This doesn't surprise me.

Also heard Double Dog and Pipe Dream trails never disappoint. However the gate keeper transition on Pipe Dream has been built up so the drop is not as big? If anyone was up there today please confirm or deny.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I heard there was some sort of bullshit gate keeper right at the top as well. Apparently it's a double with a bunch of rocks thrown in the middle. I was told the front one is too damn small so anyone on a full size DH bike has no chance on making it over the whole thing. Not without 1000 pedal stokes after stopping at the top anyway. WTF Silver Star? Just put the proper wood kicker back and let the noobz eat shit as it was meant to be. No wonder everyone is being forced to go E, you would need pedal strokes and boooost to make that kind of crap.

Heard the lineups were long with the new zig-zaggy setup to keep people in two's. This doesn't surprise me.

Also heard Double Dog and Pipe Dream trails never disappoint. However the gate keeper transition on Pipe Dream has been built up so the drop is not as big? If anyone was up there today please confirm or deny.

Sorry, random outsider here, but why the heck did they mess with the old gate keeper? That thing was great and sent you into that first section pretty hot. If anything it wasn't really hard enough to be a real gate-keeper, but maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing. Hoping to be there in September if the stars align and I wanna ride pipedream, bad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011891
Mobile Version of Website