The perfect fork for a Black Market Riot

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The perfect fork for a Black Market Riot
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 4:48 Quote
lauwe-pokoe wrote:
you can lower any fork; just put a spacer that's as thick as you want your fork to be shorter under the negative spring.....
And it probably would be better to get a shop to do this right?

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 4:50 Quote
not f you got the skillz for the job^^^:P

A 70mm Argyle 318 like mine would be absolutely perfekt!

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 4:54 Quote
oh and make sure you have quite a heavy spring; did it to a MZ once and even with thick oil and lots of air it still bottomed often, on the other hand, one of my mates lowered his oldschool Fox Van to 50mm with the soft spring without a problem.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 4:56 Quote
deno27 wrote:
lauwe-pokoe wrote:
you can lower any fork; just put a spacer that's as thick as you want your fork to be shorter under the negative spring.....
And it probably would be better to get a shop to do this right?

just try it yourself, you'll learn a lot about suspension.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
Ask and you shall receive...

I wanted to let you know about the new Blk Mrkt “Contraband” 26” rigid fork.

The specs are:

Weight = 2.49 lbs

Axle to Crown = 435mm

Rake = 33mm

Steerer Tube Length = 162mm

Fork Legs = 31.75mm

It uses an aluminum extrusion insert for strength, is set up to be run without brakes, has double-butted, “4Q Baked” (S&M Pitchfork technology) steel legs and has 3/8” (10mm) dropouts.

The Contraband 26” fork is made in the U.S.A. here at S&M Bikes.

MSRP is $129.99 USD and it is available in black for now; we are considering offering a chrome version if there is demand.

Quantities are very limited right now, but I will have more soon.

Thanks for supporting a rider owned company -

Armando "Mondo" Aguilera
Blk Mrkt Inc.
S&M Distribution
1300 S. Lyon St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Phone: (714) 835-3400 x239
Fax: (714) 835-5020
E-mail: mondo@blackmarketbikes.com
Web: http://www.blackmarketbikes.com
Yahoo IM: blkmrktmondo
MSN IM: blkmrktmondo
photo

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
[Quoten]Fork Legs = 31.75mm
Rake = 33mm[/Quoten]

which one is the "off set" of the fork?...if neither what is the offset?...id like to know how sluggish this thing will feel...

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
[Quoten]Fork Legs = 31.75mm
Rake = 33mm[/Quoten]

which one is the "off set" of the fork?...if neither what is the offset?...id like to know how sluggish this thing will feel...

The rake is the distance between the center of the fork leg and the center of the axle when in the dropout.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
would a 28mm offset/rake be possible on a mtb and still have clearance?...cause having a smaller off set makes nose tricks easier...the only down side is the steering will feel twicker because of it...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 4:26 Quote
If that weight's correct I seriously want that fork.....bike will be sub 20 lbs easilyFab Jailbreak

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
lauwe-pokoe wrote:
If that weight's correct I seriously want that fork.....bike will be sub 20 lbs easilyFab Jailbreak

I weighed it myself on the same scale that we use to measure outgoing mail with...it is accurate. 2.49 lbs, painted, with a sticker.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
honeyrider8 wrote:
Hi Im just wondering what you think the best fork for a Black Market Riot would be
i have a fox vanilla r125 it is super light and i love it. its the older version fork so it is a bit stronger than the newer xc version, but if you have a bigger budget than me i would go with a new fox fork their super light and strong

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
BlkMrktMondo wrote:
lauwe-pokoe wrote:

I weighed it myself on the same scale that we use to measure outgoing mail with...it is accurate. 2.49 lbs, painted, with a sticker.
I would but that fork right now if i wanted a rigid but i want some travel so srry dude

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
honestly i want those guys to stay true to riding bmx, i think the others just went with the trend and went for the money rather then for the ride...

Trend? I don't think any pros would be riding a MTB if they didn't enjoy it.

You get people switching both ways between the sports...it's not just a one-way thing. At the end of the day, the funner sport gets chosen. We're all out there to have a good time.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
woody wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:
honestly i want those guys to stay true to riding bmx, i think the others just went with the trend and went for the money rather then for the ride...

You get people switching both ways between the sports...it's not just a one-way thing. At the end of the day, the funner sport gets chosen. We're all out there to have a good time.

look at the amount of people that ride mtb compared to bmx...theres gotta be more money to be made in the mtb world for a pro...its all personal preference...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
woody wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

look at the amount of people that ride mtb compared to bmx...theres gotta be more money to be made in the mtb world for a pro...its all personal preference...

To be honest, on average, I don't know how much money a pro would make in BMX or MTB. But I'm sure money is not what drives pros' decisions. It's their preference of wheel size; money is probably a small indicater of their choice since most have jobs. If you talked to some BMX pros, you wouldn't see them complaining about how there is more money in the MTB scene. They ride for the ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015046
Mobile Version of Website