PB Forum :: Downhill
do you ever ride without a helmet?
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 3:21 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
christiankona wrote:
always wear protection no matter what your doing ;P
lol, that sounds wrong! lol lol lol
but i agree

yer especialy when ur handleing birds, those claws and wings can be really strong:P

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 3:45 Quote
i wear my helmet when dj'ing or dh'ing but when i riding street looking 4 spots to ride i dont wear it but it is always in my bag ready

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
and wearing your helmet is a good example to othersSmile

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 1:46 Quote
i think we should end this post and start a new one called "results of cocky f**kers not wearing helmets" Razz

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 1:54 Quote
i hate wearing a helmet! can never find a nice good fitting one! I do try wear them but always end up taking them off half way through a session at trails. But i have knocked myself out as a result 4 times in 18months! once was with a helmet. So wear a helmet definitly.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 2:33 Quote
the new thread would invole me aswell because i learnt to wear me helmet the hard way, got a kick ass cut on the back of ma head about 2 1/2 years ago. Smile

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
christiankona wrote:
but i agree
i never were protection.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
this thread is in the dh and 4x racing category, if you were to do so, you would be disqualified!

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
I broke my helmet last week, got a moderate concussion as well. I was riding back from class and it was dark, I was in a hurry so I was bookin it pretty good, I didn't see a 2nd step up a curb and only bunny hopped high enough to make the first step, caught the 2nd one with my front tire and hit the bricks face first. Ya never know what can happen, so I always wear my helmet.

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 0:55 Quote
always where my helment 2 weeks ago i would have had a bad concotion if i didnt have my helment

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
Yesterday we took a friend who is just getting into DH/FR/SS type riding. He went out and got himself a full face helmet and this was his second ride wearing it - so he was trying to get use to what it was like wearing a full face.

Anyway, we came to a section where its a hard left (almost 90 degrees) and there's a rut down the middle from all the skidiots - but it's not too bad. He came hot into this turn and basically lost it - went up and over the bars and hit the ground fairly hard.

We didn't see the crash as we were down at the bottom but we did hear him calling out.

Apparently as he went down he slammed his right shoulder in a rock as he was going down and he tweaked his left hand; as he went over he said he put both his hand down in front of him.

His helmet had a pretty decent scrape just in front and below the ear (basically the side of his face/jaw bone area). It's hard to say if he would have had a busted jaw had he'd been wearing his XC helmet but regardless he was very fortunate to have been wearing it.

He managed to get down the mountain and later found that he did break his wrist and I think his pinky finger; shoulder is OK and it doesn't look like the helmet too a direct blow (there's no sign of a direct impact).

He can't ride for at least 6 weeks. Frown Better to have a busted wrist than a shoulder or collarbone!

Always wear your helmet!

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
I always wear a helmet off-road, but if just riding out the front of my house i dont usually

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 15:37 Quote
Luckily I was wearing a helmet. Over cooked a flip in August last year and fractured my skull. If I had not been wearing my lid I would have been dead. Literally. You may think it s fun or nice to not wear a lid but take it from me... head injuries are not worth it. Please be smart. Neuro surgery is not something you can easily recover from.

Luckily I was wearing a helmet. Over cooked a flip in August last year and fractured my skull. If I had not been wearing my lid I would have been dead. Literally. You may think it's fun or nice to not wear a lid, but take it from me... head injuries are not worth it. Please be smart. Neuro surgery is not something you can easily recover from.

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 15:48 Quote
Larkey1 wrote:
Luckily I was wearing a helmet. Over cooked a flip in August last year and fractured my skull. If I had not been wearing my lid I would have been dead. Literally. You may think it s fun or nice to not wear a lid but take it from me... head injuries are not worth it. Please be smart. Neuro surgery is not something you can easily recover from.

Luckily I was wearing a helmet. Over cooked a flip in August last year and fractured my skull. If I had not been wearing my lid I would have been dead. Literally. You may think it's fun or nice to not wear a lid, but take it from me... head injuries are not worth it. Please be smart. Neuro surgery is not something you can easily recover from.

I met a guy he couldnt talk, walk or eat inless tubed couldnt wipe his arse...Caretaker told us he was a cocky pro biker hit his head in a fragile spot NO HELMET....Helmets can look gay to cool kids but let em laugh plus helmets give you more of a confidence boost too.

Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 15:50 Quote
ryeguyy wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
christiankona wrote:
but i agree
i never were protection.

Dad is that you?

lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011122
Mobile Version of Website