the bansee wild card and br rule all...
stfu and die =)
KIDDING, read the thread tho.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
the bansee wild card and br rule all...
WTF, those aren't even trail bikes

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
People assume pinkbike is a freeride forum lol, they don't even consider the possibility that people talk about XC.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
You know as well as I do that the Mojo frame costs as much as a fully built Reign 1. Also, I was at my LBS with Acadian and the head mechanic, they were talking about how a bunch of them had to be warrantied. I'm not sure I trust CF as a frame material just yet. It's nice for other things, like bars and seatposts, etc, but not for frames
What's funny is that you haven't done your homework on carbon fibre.
My buddies at the shop took a racers CF bike that had a busted dropout (A LOOK road Frame) and started hammering it with a sledge hammer to see what would happen. Well they destroyed it eventually, with about 8 swings of the hammer. And they beat the crap out of it. Tha aluminum frame would have been rendered useless with one swing, because it would have been damaged so badly and the dent from one swing would have made the bike dangerous to ride. CF is misunderstood, because I put my bike through all that I have put a ti frame through and I would trust it no problem!
There have been a few Mojo issues for the boys at Ibis and they were rectified immediatly.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
My buddies at the shop took a racers CF bike that had a busted dropout (A LOOK road Frame) and started hammering it with a sledge hammer to see what would happen. Well they destroyed it eventually, with about 8 swings of the hammer. And they beat the crap out of it. Tha aluminum frame would have been rendered useless with one swing, because it would have been damaged so badly and the dent from one swing would have made the bike dangerous to ride. CF is misunderstood, because I put my bike through all that I have put a ti frame through and I would trust.
There have been a few Mojo issues for the boys at Ibis and they were rectified immediatly.
I love the stuff, it's great. I'm just saying, the mechanic at my shop said that he's seen more than a few failed frames, currently, I see no point in making the switch. As stated above, the $2000 Mojo frame weighs as much as a Trance X frame, but the Trance X comes fully built for that price and is backed by a huge multinational company.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
I'd take the Mojo in a heartbeat. It's one of my favorite frames ever.

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 8:16 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
ibisrox wrote:
My buddies at the shop took a racers CF bike that had a busted dropout (A LOOK road Frame) and started hammering it with a sledge hammer to see what would happen. Well they destroyed it eventually, with about 8 swings of the hammer. And they beat the crap out of it. Tha aluminum frame would have been rendered useless with one swing, because it would have been damaged so badly and the dent from one swing would have made the bike dangerous to ride. CF is misunderstood, because I put my bike through all that I have put a ti frame through and I would trust.
I love the stuff, it's great. I'm just saying, the mechanic at my shop said that he's seen more than a few failed frames, currently, I see no point in making the switch. As stated above, the $2000 Mojo frame weighs as much as a Trance X frame, but the Trance X comes fully built for that price and is backed by a huge multinational company.
But the Trance does not even come close the the Mojo for handling. My girlfriend just sold her Trance 2 cause it handled like a tank! She's getting the Trek Fuel EX 9.0 cause the Sm. Mojo is too large for her.
And if the warrantied Mojos did go back to Ibis, the people that bought them are already riding the bikes now, cause Ibis has the very best CS in the biz! The founder Scot Nicol, personally answered my e-mails himself!
BUT that does not mean the Trance x is bad, because they ARE very sweet. It is just preference, and my GF just couldn't enjoy the bike because it's handling wasn't right for her. So I'd say ride the Trance like it's stolen and Keep the rubber side down! Summer is getting close!
CHEERS!

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert or Pro with BRAIN, excellent product, Specialized EPIC too

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
specialized-biker wrote:
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert or Pro with BRAIN, excellent product, Specialized EPIC too

Negative props for being a Spec whore.

Positive props x10 for having Mr. Pink as an avatar.

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
specialized-biker wrote:

Negative props for being a Spec whore.

Positive props x10 for having Mr. Pink as an avatar.

Hilarious!

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
But the Trance does not even come close the the Mojo for handling. My girlfriend just sold her Trance 2 cause it handled like a tank! She's getting the Trek Fuel EX 9.0 cause the Sm. Mojo is too large for her.
And if the warrantied Mojos did go back to Ibis, the people that bought them are already riding the bikes now, cause Ibis has the very best CS in the biz! The founder Scot Nicol, personally answered my e-mails himself!
BUT that does not mean the Trance x is bad, because they ARE very sweet. It is just preference, and my GF just couldn't enjoy the bike because it's handling wasn't right for her. So I'd say ride the Trance like it's stolen and Keep the rubber side down! Summer is getting close!
CHEERS!
I'd just like to point out that the Trance X is not the same as the Trance. That is all

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
Severl posters have mentioned the Epiphany. I have one and it is a fantastic 5" bike that can be used for cross country and trail riding applications. Prior to the Epiphany, I had a Titus Moto-lite, which is also a very good option. Titus has a complete bike for around $2800, I believe (much cheaper than than a complete Epi would cost). If cost is an issue, than I would look into the Trance X as some others have mentioned. The Maestro suspension is supposed to be very good. Here's a pic of my Epiphany.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019852
Mobile Version of Website