Tips for one-footer?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Tips for one-footer?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 6:47 Quote
If I wanna do a one-footer by lifting my left leg, I should have my left leg in front and my right leg in the back as I hit the takeoff, right?

Any more advices? Thanks.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
grfreeride wrote:
If I wanna do a one-footer by lifting my left leg, I should have my left leg in front and my right leg in the back as I hit the takeoff, right?

just go off the lip as you feel comfy, i prefer left foot forward but it shouldn't make any difference whether you put your right foot forward.

also, try no to put too much effort into getting your foot off, just let it sliiiideCool

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
one-footers are in some ways harder than no-footers...

.........because when you take your foot off, the cranks rotate so that your foot that is still on the pedal ends up closer to the ground (the cranks spin 90 degrees under your weight)

when you go to land you need to put your other foot back on, and then spin the cranks round 90 degrees so that your pedals level out

otherwise you can do yourself some serious damage if you bottom out your suspension with your leg still "down" = pedal strike on ground...broken ankle or at the least a bruised foot / stubbed toes

once you get that 90 degree rotation dialled, your confidence will grow and you can try the trick on sketchy lines like this

photo

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
which foot is easier to work with though, kicking out your front foot, or back foot. I've never got the hang of one footers. I kick out my back foot, but cant ever get back to the pedals.
No footers are actually pretty easy i've found.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
if you use ur back break ur foot wont fall if it's at the front. try bunny hop 1-foots first. thats how i learned.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
take your foot off lol there not hard, just go for it off something small first, and you'll be like "wow i had to ask for tips on this"

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
lovinbikin wrote:
take your foot off lol there not hard, just go for it off something small first, and you'll be like "wow i had to ask for tips on this"
its not so hard taking the foot off, it's getting it back on that's the problem for me lol.

Kinda weid. Footjams (which i can do) i use my front foot, and i can mostly/sometimes get back to the pedal before the bike's fully on the ground again, but when i air a jump and try it, I go to kick out the back foot, i just cant ever get it back.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
if you use ur back break ur foot wont fall if it's at the front.

as soon as you grab your back brake it will adjust the angle of your bike in the air, which can cause you to crash

grabbing the back brake will cause the front of your bike to dip down.....

its better to learn the technique properly without using the brake

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
is it the same on a dirt bike?

Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
goodbyepinkbike wrote:
if you use ur back break ur foot wont fall if it's at the front. try bunny hop 1-foots first. thats how i learned.
omg thanks so much never thought of that kept taking back foot off as it is more dominant

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
grfreeride wrote:

Just make sure that you take your front foot off even if it is not your dominant foot. It feels a bit unnatural at first but it will become easier as time goes on.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016170
Mobile Version of Website