What do you guys do when u get blisters and calluses?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What do you guys do when u get blisters and calluses?
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:27 Quote
i wear gloves when i bike but still get blisters and calluses and it get annoeying
jus wondering wat u guys do

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
ride 'till your hands bleed!

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
i bite them off and eat em

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
ignore em. if you use any ointment or anything it just weakens and softens your hands, after you bike awhile you just stop getting blisters.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:33 Quote
jason7612 wrote:
i wear gloves when i bike but still get blisters and calluses and it get annoeying
jus wondering wat u guys do

Man up nancy!

Go swing a hammer for a month, you wont have that problem anymore.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:37 Quote
I don't even notice them anymore.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:49 Quote
I don't but my gf does. They have gotten to the point where its jsut really hard skin and there isn't any liquid in them any more, so I can just file them down with some sand paper or something, at least it smooths it out, to really get rid of the bumb you should just stop riding.

Mod
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:52 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
I don't but my gf does. They have gotten to the point where its jsut really hard skin and there isn't any liquid in them any more, so I can just file them down with some sand paper or something, at least it smooths it out, to really get rid of the bumb you should just stop riding.

Use moisturizer on rough/dry skin.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
moisturizer just makes skin more prone to more blisters and calluses

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 23:05 Quote
You gotta maintain man. Get an emery board and keep those calluses down before they become a problem. Blisters are all about prevention. If you get a hot spot duct tape is GREAT. It cuts down on friction and adds a protective layer. If you already have the blister a moleskin donut is the best protection. Learning when to drain them is just kind of an art. If they are bad drain them carefully with a needle and leave the skin intact as long as possible so a new layer can form underneath.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
I don't get blisters but I just live with the Calluses, you get used to them. My missus notices them as well.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
jefo wrote:

I dont know if you where joking but I find myself doing that sometimes. I dont eat them though.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 23:41 Quote
thrice wrote:
jefo wrote:

I dont know if you where joking but I find myself doing that sometimes. I dont eat them though.

I find my own flesh tastes delicious from time to time. Makes me wonder how other people would taste.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
1969 wrote:
I kill kittens.

i agree,

or punch old ladies

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
i leave them for shock absorbing, it's an extra 2.5mm of travel!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009133
Mobile Version of Website