Trials Riders General Discussion

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Trials Riders General Discussion
Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 6:02 Quote
Doesn't look like there's much going on in here, but I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on the magura hs11? Would be upgrading from a cable brake.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 13:48 Quote
the function of them is great, especially when bled with water. the only things really are what pads you will run, and how you prepare your rims. great power though.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 3:15 Quote
dingus wrote:
Doesn't look like there's much going on in here, but I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on the magura hs11? Would be upgrading from a cable brake.

I find the lever rather clumsy on the current generation of HS11.
It's not national economy to get the HS33 R , which has a reasonably proven track record, and comes with suitable pads, which the HS11 does not.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 3:38 Quote
Yeah, the lever does look like it should be attached to a car handbrake. I'll give the HS11 a try, it should do me for now. My trials bike cost me half the price of a HS33r which should give you an idea as to the quality of the rest of the bike.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
Hey Magura! It's been a while. Do the old school HS33's use mineral oil like the new ones do?

I need new levers as ones shit its seals and the other simply doesnt have one. If they run mineral, would i get away with running shimano levers?

I would simply swap to my vee brakes but my Mission only has Maggie mounts Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
Hey Ratty,

Yeah, adult life caught up with me for a while Big Grin

I don't think you'll get away with using Shimano levers for HS33 calipers, as the pistons are too small.

What you can do, is to replace the seals in your old Magura levers. It's just a dumb O-ring, nothing fancy.
Some of the levers are difficult to pop the piston out of, but you can mostly get them out by blowing compressed air into the hose.
Just wrap the lever in an old T-shirt or the like, as the piston and the return spring comes flying.

Magura Smile

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
Thanks man I shall give that a go.

I imagine I will have to try and find another HS lever somewhere then for my leverless one. More of a pain but if its my better option I shall give it a go.

Posted: Feb 5, 2017 at 3:33 Quote
Pick up an Echo lever.....

Magura Smile

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
or a Freno lever, been stoked on mine

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:01 Quote
I just did it! I ordered a siick Echo lite from tartybikes!! Iam so pumped for it to get here...
The only thing i can think of is that bike...
Cant wait! Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:27 Quote
My echo lite from 2012 is STILL holding up. It was also my first "pure trials" bike and feels really solid, except for the flexy handle bars (which I kinda like that way). Good choice on bike as it has great geometry for street stuff, but can also be set up pretty competition worthy if you need it that way.
My winter project for the Mod bike I think it looks a lot cleaner .

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:41 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
My echo lite from 2012 is STILL holding up. It was also my first "pure trials" bike and feels really solid, except for the flexy handle bars (which I kinda like that way). Good choice on bike as it has great geometry for street stuff, but can also be set up pretty competition worthy if you need it that way.
My winter project for the Mod bike I think it looks a lot cleaner .

Sick ride dude! Those Echos are such damn sexy looking bikes!
I did buy a used Rockman Austin 2years ago in a pretty good condition to learn trials on, but i had to sell it only 3months later due to financial issius..
But this time i realy wanted a new bike so as soon as the sallary became avialbul i ordered it!
Iam so looking forward to start learning agien as i never learned much more then the most basic of stuff Smile
Iam glad to hear that your bike is holding up so well! The very few reviews that i could find all said good things aboute it so its nice to get it confirmed.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 3:25 Quote
Welcome to the club!

Magura Smile

My latest toy equipped with Kettle carbon SiC brake rotors. For test updates see http www.huckingkitty.com forums viewtopic.php f 15 amp t 211 amp p 5232 p5232

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 5:37 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
Welcome to the club!

Magura Smile

My latest toy equipped with Kettle carbon SiC brake rotors. For test updates see http www.huckingkitty.com forums viewtopic.php f 15 amp t 211 amp p 5232 p5232

Thats a sick ride dude!
Much love when into putting that thing together i guess^^
How do those carbon discs work if i may ask? Is it good upgrade or more for style? How do they compare to lets say a Hope trial zone disc

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
The carbon brakes are no good for trials, it's that simple.
For the front it's debatable, as they don't lock up, but for the rear it's a 100% no-go.
It was a quick test, and it was fun.....

It's built back when I was sponsored by the Danish import of Echo, Trialaction.dk
Everything from the top shelf, put together with the outmost care.
It's still alive.

I rather like the Echo brakes though. Once you figure how to make them stop leaking like an infant, they're great.

Magura Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018588
Mobile Version of Website