Post Your BMX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your BMX
Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 13:42 Quote
I ride 2, ordering a set of demolition dumbchucks v3 soon and im not sure whether to buy 2 or 4, i dunnnoooo.

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 13:49 Quote
MisterPeople wrote:
I ride 2, ordering a set of demolition dumbchucks v3 soon and im not sure whether to buy 2 or 4, i dunnnoooo.
Buy four i say cause then u have extra incase Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
put an extra 2 cheap ass steel pegs on before you buy them, that way you don't drop a load of money on expensive plegs and not like 4 pegs.

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 13:56 Quote
that's what im planning on doing, the pegs im riding now and ridiculously heavy as I payed 10$ for the pair brand new from my lbl in the (cheap pegs bin)... I just got them to learn how to grind on and I need an upgrade, Ill keep them and try for 4, hopefully I like them.

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:01 Quote
How do people not bend sprokets with four pegs

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:04 Quote
dumbchucks are stupidly expensive, i would just buy shadows, then pick up the slicker sleeve, atleast this way once you ruin the outer plastic you still have a metal peg to thrash until you pick up more sleeves

and hub guards, or practice and learning to grind from the middle to the outside of the peg instead of the middle in

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:12 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
By running a decent sprocket and not missing their pegs.

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:14 Quote
Thats actually a good idea, maybe ill roll with that, what hub guards would you suggest?

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
harry-h wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
By running a decent sprocket and not missing their pegs.
I have a shadow scream sproket so its pretty thick but i think id still bend it haha but yea i guess

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:28 Quote
MisterPeople wrote:
Thats actually a good idea, maybe ill roll with that, what hub guards would you suggest?

hockey balls up front, just cut em in half, drill a hole in the middle wide enough to cover your cones and them fold them inside out against your wheel, they cut down on the rotation of your wheel a lil bit till they get broken in but they last two years, and for like a buck a ball you can't go wrong, and for a rear guard i forget what hub you have but i recommend the bsd guard and then what ever drive side guard your hub will allow

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 14:35 Quote
just gunna whore it a moment

front loader animal bpes

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 16:21 Quote
tw3ak wrote:
MisterPeople wrote:

hockey balls up front, just cut em in half, drill a hole in the middle wide enough to cover your cones and them fold them inside out against your wheel, they cut down on the rotation of your wheel a lil bit till they get broken in but they last two years, and for like a buck a ball you can't go wrong, and for a rear guard i forget what hub you have but i recommend the bsd guard and then what ever drive side guard your hub will allow
Should I spray the hockey ball black or will that just rub off? also I run a eastern birectional.... On the note of my cassette, for some reason when I am in a hang five or pushing my bike forwards, the cranks move with the chain, they keep rotating the whole time and never stop unless the back wheel stop and landing hang 5's on rotating cranks is a bitch, how do I stop it?

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 16:23 Quote
MisterPeople wrote:
tw3ak wrote:
MisterPeople wrote:

Should I spray the hockey ball black or will that just rub off? also I run a eastern birectional.... On the note of my cassette, for some reason when I am in a hang five or pushing my bike forwards, the cranks move with the chain, they keep rotating the whole time and never stop unless the back wheel stop and landing hang 5's on rotating cranks is a bitch, how do I stop it?

could be to do with your pawls and springs they may have got crap in them or something, clean it out and see if it helps if not them you may need new ones.

Posted: Apr 18, 2013 at 16:43 Quote
it's an eastern, I had the same problem, and i couldn't fix it and i tried everything, cleaning the pawls and springs, replacing the pawls and springs, cleaning the whole hub out and rebuilding, in the end nothing worked, so i sold it and got a new hub

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021896
Mobile Version of Website