Group of Automotive Hotness

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Group of Automotive Hotness
Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
The main problem with electric: no antilag, no two step, no compression braking burble, no braap. Just no braap. Frown

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 18:32 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:

We won't see it in our lifetime.

Nah teslas working on some crazy shit so we probably will.

Eeeeeeh they also made a loss of something like £660m last year and I don't think electric will take off quite like Musk and co are so confident it will
they're also the fastest growing car company right now though.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 19:26 Quote
electric cars my ass. hydrogen will be the future

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 22:45 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
yogegoy wrote:
Sooner or later anything using internal combustion engines would be faced out, Volvo announced they are going that direction by 2020 transitioning for electric vehicles, just imagine the circuitry that must have.

We'll see an increase in electric cars, but we'll never see petroleum get phased out. Tax profits are far too good for that to happen.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 23:34 Quote
I don't care whether IC (internal combustion) or EV (electric vehicle), I'm just saying that Volvo is going to ditch IC for EV production starting in 2020. Now if major players in the car production industry are heading the same direction as Volvo, then I as an Automotive Tech will have an outdated knowledge fixing cars unless I go back to school and update in that direction. So for the guy that will only buy a vehicle using carbs for simplicity wouldn't matter at all, IC will soon be in a museum as part of history.

We've seen this happening in Formula One (F1), I'm glad I was able to attend the opening race in Austin Texas during the last years of 22,000 - 19,000 RPM engine speeds. The F'ng ear piercing exhaust of the NA V10's - V8's are now gone, in place are the T V6 PU (power unit). It's called a Power Unit, part IC and EV. So if you still believe IC will still be here, I doubt it. IC is the most destructive invention of all time, the only positive it produced was motion and the rest is self explanatory. You guys are young and I'm 55, I'd rather leave all that behind so you younger people will have a healthier life ahead of you. Be it electric or hydrogen, just as long as it's not IC.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 23:36 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:

We'll see an increase in electric cars, but we'll never see petroleum get phased out. Tax profits are far too good for that to happen.

100% I agree.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 23:59 Quote
I'm just hoping for Mad Max style post apocalyptic muscle car filled wasteland.

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
yogegoy wrote:
I don't care whether IC (internal combustion) or EV (electric vehicle), I'm just saying that Volvo is going to ditch IC for EV production starting in 2020. Now if major players in the car production industry are heading the same direction as Volvo, then I as an Automotive Tech will have an outdated knowledge fixing cars unless I go back to school and update in that direction. So for the guy that will only buy a vehicle using carbs for simplicity wouldn't matter at all, IC will soon be in a museum as part of history.

We've seen this happening in Formula One (F1), I'm glad I was able to attend the opening race in Austin Texas during the last years of 22,000 - 19,000 RPM engine speeds. The F'ng ear piercing exhaust of the NA V10's - V8's are now gone, in place are the T V6 PU (power unit). It's called a Power Unit, part IC and EV. So if you still believe IC will still be here, I doubt it. IC is the most destructive invention of all time, the only positive it produced was motion and the rest is self explanatory. You guys are young and I'm 55, I'd rather leave all that behind so you younger people will have a healthier life ahead of you. Be it electric or hydrogen, just as long as it's not IC.

The production of batteries and electric motors often offsets the environmental benefits of EV's. In some states they also pollute more then an IC vehicle because of the power generation systems used in those states. I AM NOT DOWN.

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 20:33 Quote
Nobody finds public transit sexy though.

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 20:49 Quote
public transit is good in theory, but in reality it smells like piss and sweaty dudes

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 21:19 Quote
Evs will never be cool to me. There is just something special about being propelled by explosions. The sound, the smell, the simplicity, they just can't be replaced by silent, clean, and complicated computers for me.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 5:18 Quote
Meh, instant full torque will be pretty cool. Torque number not a curve.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 16:24 Quote
When those EVs' batteries start catching fire, they'll sort of be internal combustion. lol

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
Picked up a 2017 Civic LX turbo with the CVT on Saturday. Either I've been driving junk lately, or that thing's got a bit of scoot.

Pics when I get home from work

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028523
Mobile Version of Website