Group of Automotive Hotness

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Group of Automotive Hotness
O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 20:47 Quote
Here we are getting out of winter... So it's been AWD Turbo Subaru season for a while.

My blue Turbo forester is slammed and my summer/weekend car. My black Forester is my daily and winter beater.. The Black one is lifted about 4" currently, but I am shooting for another 2" lift plus 31" tires instead of the 27s on their currently..

Both are on stock turbos currently, but shooting for turboand intercooler upgrades soon.. Hoping for 300hp in both of them.

3 lift on the black XT Forester 3 drop on the blue XT Forester.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 21:49 Quote
Ha! That's rad, on both cars.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Here we are getting out of winter... So it's been AWD Turbo Subaru season for a while.

My blue Turbo forester is slammed and my summer/weekend car. My black Forester is my daily and winter beater.. The Black one is lifted about 4" currently, but I am shooting for another 2" lift plus 31" tires instead of the 27s on their currently..

Both are on stock turbos currently, but shooting for turboand intercooler upgrades soon.. Hoping for 300hp in both of them.

Hitting 300 is very doable with turbo and intercooler upgrades. I had an 05 Legacy with those upgrades and supporting mods of course and had 295hp at the wheels, on a fairly conservative tune Love the Subarus, great cars.
Nice Foresters btw, always wanted one. Trying to talk the wife into one instead of an Outback.

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 21:47 Quote
I still need to get my S14 going again, but I've just been dumping $ into the truck lately. Once I get it all finished, I'll post up some pics.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
mtnkrvr wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Hitting 300 is very doable with turbo and intercooler upgrades. I had an 05 Legacy with those upgrades and supporting mods of course and had 295hp at the wheels, on a fairly conservative tune Love the Subarus, great cars.
Nice Foresters btw, always wanted one. Trying to talk the wife into one instead of an Outback.

I know.. Before these 2 foresters, I had a 04FXT with a jdm Dccd 6mt in it.. I had an aggressive tune on a VF39 and was 300+ on it..

I actually am kicking around the idea of selling the 07FXT and buying a OBXT instead.. Haha

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 7:04 Quote
Recently bought a 2015 Fiesta ST. Traded in my leased 2017 Civic Hatch because I realized that leases suck. Super low miles. 6,500 now. This is easily the best driving car that I've ever owned. Already did a Cobb RMM and that has significantly improved my 1-2 shift. I thought it was just sloppy because I hadn't driven a manual in ten months. Haven't really had the opportunity to thrash on it yet. I've only commuted in it with some occasional hoonage. I'll post a picture when I get on a desktop.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

3 lift on the black XT Forester 3 drop on the blue XT Forester.

Those look great!

Some day when my WRX gets long in the tooth and I get a new DD, I want to lift the WRX and turn it into an off-road machine. All these street racers are taking them in the wrong direction!

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
There's a decent mix of slammed, stock height, and lifted WRX's/STi's around me. I'm a fan of AutoX, so a lifted STi on 18x9.5's would look like a retarded diesel truck with stretched tires. Sound about the same to with the turbo spool. lol

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 11:39 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
There's a decent mix of slammed, stock height, and lifted WRX's/STi's around me. I'm a fan of AutoX, so a lifted STi on 18x9.5's would look like a retarded diesel truck with stretched tires. Sound about the same to with the turbo spool. lol

I also drive a 6 speed 01 Powerstroke that's lifted and on 35s.. Haha

The subarus are fun for corners and being a street racer.. But blowing smoke and being able to pull a school over is also really fun too..

photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
photo
Don't think the muricans get these so this is aimed at the euro lot but any thoughts on these
looking to replace my cupra

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
Krash23 wrote:
photo
Don't think the muricans get these so this is aimed at the euro lot but any thoughts on these
looking to replace my cupra
You buy, now.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 15:07 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

The subarus are fun for corners and being a street racer.. But blowing smoke and being able to pull a school over is also really fun too..

I've never considered blowing smoke fun. Unless it's from the tires. Lol.
I haven't been able to justify a truck before, but being a home owner is pointing me towards the 2019 Tundra TRD Pro. Diesel is a bit over kill for hauling a couple bikes or any other toy I may buy.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 15:32 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I've never considered blowing smoke fun. Unless it's from the tires. Lol.
I haven't been able to justify a truck before, but being a home owner is pointing me towards the 2019 Tundra TRD Pro. Diesel is a bit over kill for hauling a couple bikes or any other toy I may buy.

It's overkill for me about 95% of the time too. But 400+ hp and God knows how much torque is fun.. It breaks the 35s loose on command. Once a month or so I haul cars or other trucks and have moved big loads on trailers occasionally..

Everything I do could be done with a gasser, but this truck was 13k with 100k miles and a 6 speed manual.. I couldn't even come close to finding a equally capable gasser for that price that I wanted..

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 16:39 Quote
My buddy had a 600whp 6 speed 3rd gen with a hood stack. Thing was awesome to drive when I was 17. Short shift it into 4th and it'd just barf black everywhere.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 19:36 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Everything I do could be done with a gasser, but this truck was 13k with 100k miles and a 6 speed manual.. I couldn't even come close to finding a equally capable gasser for that price that I wanted..
If you lead with that, that's a dam hard price to pass on for a deisel. Especially it being stick.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049269
Mobile Version of Website