What do people have aginst Kona??

PB Forum :: Kona
What do people have aginst Kona??
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
lots of people i have noticed always cut down kona. they say that they suck and they have no strength. why? and is this true

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
Because they're jealous.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
I would personally say the geometry and suspension design of their bikes is flawed. Plus, you can get bikes at the same price that offer more than Kona bikes do. Can't really see any upside to Kona, so I take their brand negatively.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
because a kona is most relayted to begginer riders and i have also seen a lot of pics of broken konas. And it is one of the most popular bikes out there but now i think transition is going to become the new kona. I am not saying ethere company suck but where i live the people that ride these brands most of the time are rich kids that cant do anything and think a kona stinky is ment to be riden on paved trails.

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
it is because there 2nd cousins boyfriends brother friends older brothers uncles sister boyfriends frame snapped when they ran head into a tree

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
personaly i like konas.

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
mines badass, it does the job.

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
couldnt agree more, my stinky held up for a season quite well

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I would personally say the geometry and suspension design of their bikes is flawed. Plus, you can get bikes at the same price that offer more than Kona bikes do. Can't really see any upside to Kona, so I take their brand negatively.

I agree with that. I have never ridden one though. So I cant be certain. But the technology seems old

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
extention wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I agree with that. I have never ridden one though. So I cant be certain. But the technology seems old
who cares, it works just..... fine....

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
g3neric wrote:
extention wrote:
sherbet wrote:

who cares, it works just..... fine....
fine but not great like modern bike designs alot of kona riders also havent tried other bikes

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
i rode my buddys P2 and it had 160mm shermanson it, then i rode his cowan HT with all mountain 1s on it and it felt so much better, maybe the P2had to much travle? or the cowan just had better geo?

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:
i rode my buddys P2 and it had 160mm shermanson it, then i rode his cowan HT with all mountain 1s on it and it felt so much better, maybe the P2had to much travle? or the cowan just had better geo?
or maybe thats the worst setup i have ever heard 160 sherman on a p2!? no wonder it rode like crap the am 1 has less travel and lower height speshs always have spot on geo of course they have to be set up right

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
poozank wrote:
jeff-hurd wrote:
or maybe thats the worst setup i have ever heard 160 sherman on a p2!? no wonder it rode like crap the am 1 has less travel speshs always have spot on geo of course they have to be set up right
lol i kept telling him i tink da forks r to big he said dey r good

Posted: May 29, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:
poozank wrote:
jeff-hurd wrote:
or maybe thats the worst setup i have ever heard 160 sherman on a p2!? no wonder it rode like crap the am 1 has less travel speshs always have spot on geo of course they have to be set up right
lol i kept telling him i tink da forks r to big he said dey r good
then he doesnt know what he is talking about

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009929
Mobile Version of Website