Need Help Please! Juicy 7 not workin good

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Need Help Please! Juicy 7 not workin good
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
First and foremost BLEED YOUR DAMN BRAKES. You wouldn't believe how much air I've pushed out of Juicies that are supposedly prebled. Their factory bleeds suck. You need to do this anyway. Of the possible problems this is the cheapest of the solutions and something you should do anyway. If that doesn't work then report back.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
AqueousBeef the levers feel good like they did before i had problems with the brake..any body know what to do with over heated brakes

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
sdpbiker wrote:
AqueousBeef the levers feel good like they did before i had problems with the brake..any body know what to do with over heated brakes
they're not overheated...

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
sdpbiker wrote:

Your brakes did not overheat for god's sake. I have ridden numerous 4000ft plus descents with Juicys.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
try taking your pads out, looks to see if its black, or oily, sand paper them if so, and that might owrk

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
all come back to you guys tomorrow if i have further questions all go and look and see what the deal is thanks alot bros

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
sdpbiker wrote:
That means you got shit on your pads. Go replace them

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
clean the rotors with the clean rag and alcohol, take the pads from the front stick em in the back see what happens, ps dont use the front!

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:08 Quote
Have you checked the overheat indicator on the rotor?

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:11 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:

there's an overheat indicator on the rotor?

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:11 Quote
aussie4x wrote:
clean the rotors with the clean rag and alcohol, take the pads from the front stick em in the back see what happens, ps dont use the front!
+1 Great advice, he should really try that. Too bad he's convinced that his brakes have overheated and won't listen to anything else

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Enlighten us.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Enlighten us.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
Oh yeah, I forgot about the overheat indicator. You should definitely check that before you jump to conclusions

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009118
Mobile Version of Website